USAirports is a family-owned, full service FBO that operates 24/7/365 and serves the general aviation community as a fixed base operator in a state-of-the-art facility on the south side of the Frederick Douglass - Greater Rochester International Airport. USAirports provides a full range of amenities and support services such as fueling, hangaring, aircraft maintenance, cargo handling, tie-down, and ramp parking to the personal and corporate tenants of the airport as well as transient aircraft.
We are seeking part-time Air Cargo Handlers for morning and night shifts to fill positions that offer a rewarding work experience and benefits that include 401(k) and NYS Paid Sick Leave.
Reports to: Air Cargo Lead
Part-Time Hours: Monday 0400 – 0700
Tuesday 0630 – 0930
Monday through Friday 2100 – 0000
Hourly Rate: $16.00 to $20/hr. Based on Experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the safe and timely movement of all cargo.
- Load and unload cargo to and from various aircraft in a safe, cautious, and timely manner.
- Able to operate heavy equipment.
- Able to complete required training (classroom and OJT).
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Required documentation: valid Driver’s License, birth certificate and/or passport.
- Able to pass a 10-year background check, receive and maintain an airport security badge.
- **Must be able to acquire a customs seal through Customs and Border Patrol.
- Excellent dependability, communication, and professionalism required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts, including holidays and weekends.
- Experience in airline, hospitality/resort, personal customer service industries and/or military service a plus but not necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with efficiency and accuracy.
- Able to respond quickly to sounds.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, standing, sitting, squatting, kneeling, crawling, and twisting for extended amounts of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs. from floor to waist level while climbing ladders.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 45’ in a bucket truck and up to 12’ on a ladder.
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as ear protection, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility clothing when required.
- This is an airport environment with duties both indoor and outdoor.
- Certain functions may be performed in varying weather and environmental conditions such as precipitation, extreme temperatures, jet engine fumes, dust, and noise. The tasks are performed inside and outside near stationary and moving aircraft (including spinning propellers and engines).