Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
What We Are Looking For
We’re searching for a qualified and resourceful human resources generalist to support our department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. The human resources generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities and will help with important functions such as payroll and benefits, team member experience, talent acquisition, and compliance. This is a compelling opportunity that will provide challenges as well as professional development opportunities in an environment where drive, creative thought, and a desire to exceed expectations will garner success.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
· Bachelor’s degree in business or HR related field, or a combination of experience and education
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR administration, including HRIS, payroll, benefits, recruitment, and onboarding.
· Experience with recruiting on social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
· Experience processing payroll for a company with 100+ employees preferred
· Must have experience with well-known HRISs
· Knowledge of employment law on the federal, state and local levels
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Advanced experience with Excel spreadsheets.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Possess good customer service and organizational skills.
· Think critically to solve problems quickly and effectively.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Maintain integrity and honesty, and a high level of intelligence in all day-to-day work activities.
· Demonstrate efficiency, persistence, and a high level of attention to detail in all work-related tasks.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Recruit new candidates and provide talent acquisition support, including screening candidates and facilitation of interviews.
· Establish innovative ways to recruit on various social media platforms including LinkedIn, FaceBook, Twitter, etc.
· Partner with VP of HR on preparing, thoroughly reviewing, and processing all changes for a bi-weekly payroll
· Assisting with the annual review and purchase of our core Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits offered to team members
· Serves a the main POC for all new hires beginning with offer letter creation to onboarding
· Manage the offboarding communications and schedule all exit interviews
· Organize and maintain employee files to meet compliance requirements, issue notices and policies regarding new laws and regulations.
· Facilitate performance management, including maintaining performance assessments, tracking evaluations, coaching sessions, and tracking completion of annual evaluations.
· Serve as a resource to employees and answer questions regarding policies.
· Distribute internal communications, conducting exit interviews and facilitating engagement surveys.
· General team administrative support including assistance with employee licensing and certifications, training requirements, office-wide meeting support, policy compliance, Company calendar, Company asset tracking, and other general HR support.
· Administrative and bookkeeping support as needed.
· Additional tasks as assigned.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- BCBS NC medical plan
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- Paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.