Location: Carmel, IN - No hybrid or remote
Our Financial Analyst will assist our Tax Credit Equity Acquisitions team in preparing financial projections for multifamily real estate investments structured with monetizable tax credits. We need someone who can effectively communicate with developers, investors, counsel, third-party lenders, and internal personnel. Merchants Capital Investments has originated over $1.4 billion in tax credit equity (in closing & closed) and has a portfolio under management of over $1.0 billion. The Tax Credit Equity Team is a dynamic and growing platform within Merchants Capital looking to add a talented individual to be a part of our success.
After one year as our Financial Analyst, you will know you were successful if you…
- Analyze and update financial projections for multifamily properties.
- Review market studies, tax credit applications, and sponsorship information to ensure conformance with internal requirements.
- Prepare Investor Committee packages.
- Draft and Negotiate Equity LOI’s with Developer clients.
- Collect and analyze data within Merchants Capital’s database.
- Conduct Site visits throughout Merchants Investment Portfolio.
What we are looking for…
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, or Economics is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of applicable financial analysis, financial modeling, or transactional real estate experience is preferred.
- Some overtime at certain times of the year is required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with a heavy emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information required.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States and attend Training Events/Industry Conferences.
ABOUT MERCHANTS CAPITAL
With over 30 years of success built on putting people first, Merchants Capital is a proven leader in financing for multifamily housing nationwide. Our licenses with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD/FHA, in addition to our bank’s balance sheet products, allow us to offer custom solutions with agility and ease of execution, expanding access to housing in meaningful and impactful ways. Recognized as a top five affordable lender, Merchants Capital pairs our comprehensive debt offerings with in-house tax credit equity to provide a one-stop-shop for developers and owners. To learn more about Merchants Capital, visit www.merchantscapital.com.