We are committed to supporting at risk children and families by providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission: “to provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.”
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations in Texas, Missouri and Louisiana. In all of our programs, we seek to provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee’s contribution).
Working Conditions: Growing Together Program will provide normal office equipment (computer, copier, office furniture). Much of the work week is spent outside the office doing home visits, face to face contact with clients, resource networking and recruiting. Reliable transportation is a necessity and overnight trips may occasionally be necessary for training, quality assurance and Regional meetings. Evening and weekend hours will be required as needed to meet the needs of client schedules and community events.
Position Summary: To provide strength based, family focused, and goal driven child and family services to families with children ages 0-5; promote attachment, engagement and healthy child development with families; work with and collaborate with other community agencies serving this age group; participate, plan and help facilitate parent support and education groups; provide awareness to individual families and the community regarding prevention of child abuse and neglect and child well-being; nurture, develop, and organize community resources as needed.
This position reports directly to the Early Childhood Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- To receive referrals and maintain a caseload of 15 families, make home visits, conduct need assessments, develop a plan of service that is culturally sensitive and promotes self-determination for the family. Explore and facilitate referrals as appropriate to the needs and abilities of the family.
- To assist in facilitating parenting groups or public awareness events to meet the program goals of child well-being and decrease of child abuse and neglect.
- To practice with a family centered, strength focused and goal driven approach while utilizing the PCHAS Way.
- To assist and encourage families to advocate and coordinate (within their capacity) all needed services for themselves.
- To coordinate services for children and their families according to the service plan and best practice standards.
- To consistently reevaluate the plan of service as goals are accomplished and/or changed.
- To maintain all documentation in the case record in CSWIS and provide PIERS data in an ethical and timely manner.
- To participate in linkages by referring and accepting referrals with PCHAS Child & Family Program in an effort to promote internal wrap around services.
This position requires education, training and experience in human service delivery to families. The ability to work with a wide variety of human problems and competence in handling crisis intervention is required. Flexibility in terms of work hours is necessary and will necessitate some evening and weekend hours to meet the needs of working families. Possessing excellent interpersonal skills with children and their families is essential along with strong organizational skills, time management, and flexibility in scheduling. This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with special abilities to relate to families with young children, existing social services and community groups.
Desired minimum job qualifications:
1. Associates degree in a related field.
2. Two-years experience working with children and their families is preferred.
3. Bachelors or LBSW is preferred.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and childcare/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.