We are committed to supporting at risk children and families providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission, we provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations, in Missouri, Texas, and Louisiana, which provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee 200% up to a 3% retirement contribution).
Working Conditions: The position is hybrid and works both in the agency designated office and remotely in a typical home/office setting with daily use of the Financial Edge Accounting system, Paylocity payroll system and other software, specifically Advanced Microsoft Office Excel. There is occasional need to visit Agency locations and driving on behalf of the agency.
Position Summary: Provides skilled accounting services with minimal supervision to the Agency in order to maintain accurate and timely accounting records and other financial information. This position reports to the Director of Accounting.
Essential Job Functions
- This position has primary responsibility for processing payroll. It is responsible for maintaining all payroll related records and reports. Duties include but are not limited to ensuring employees are paid accurately, auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintaining time and attendance records, monitoring FMLA status, and ensuring garnishments are accurately taken.
- This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation for Accounts Payable in Texas and provides leadership and expertise to all accounting staff related to all areas of the accounting function and demonstrates effective collaboration across department lines.
- Directly supervises the Payroll and Accounts Payable team.
- Performs various accounts payable processes, maintains various payable related records and conducts various monthly invoice/statement reconciliations as assigned.
- Supervise the preparation of month-end budget to actual variance reports for assigned departments and for the delivery of those reports to the respective departments.
- Supervises the preparation of annual IRS Form 1099s for the entire Agency.
- Provides assistance to the Vice President of Finance and/or the Director of Accounting for various projects that may arise. This includes the preparation of workpapers for annual audit and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree with four years of related experience demonstrating working knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting. This position requires a trustworthy individual who is able to maintain confidences in all areas related to the business and welfare information of the Agency. There are no specific licenses required for this position.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and childcare/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.