**This role is seasonal for November & December. You must be available for most of the dates listed at the end of the job description without any major vacations/time off. Start date would be late-October.
Philbrook Museum of Art is looking for a friendly, helpful and enthusiastic individual to join the Guest Experience team.
As part of the Guest Experience team, you will provide exceptional service to our guests and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and professionalism when interacting with Philbrook Members and the public. This position models behavior consistent with Philbrook's continued efforts to ensure the Museum is welcoming, accessible, and inclusive.
Philbrook Museum of Art is a vibrant cultural institution in Tulsa, Oklahoma that welcomes approximately 150,000 visitors each year. A 1920s Italianate Villa nestled in 25 acres of designed gardens, the Museum features selections from an actively growing collection of approximately 16,000 objects as well as a dynamic and ambitious program of rotating exhibitions. Philbrook is Oklahoma’s most comprehensive art museum and offers visitors a glimpse into a broad range of cultures, time periods, and perspectives. The diverse collection supports a vision of Philbrook as central to the lives of our community as a place for learning, inspiration, and fun. Through bold action and strategic investment, we create a space for new ideas, diverse perspectives, and social connection.
What You Will Do:
- Performs daily front-of-house operations and point-of-sale functions including welcoming visitors; assisting guests with planning their visit; effective use of the ticketing and database system; ticket sales and cash handling; membership sales; communicating information about museum offerings; providing an accessible and inclusive experience; responding to guest inquiries and complaints; and collecting visitor feedback.
- Builds strong relationships across the institution by communicating proactively and maintaining a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Provides exceptional customer service and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and professionalism when interacting with Philbrook members and the public.
What You Will Bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent with combination of education, training, and experience
- At least two years of customer service experience; preferably in public facing position
- Creative thinking skills, initiative, and desire to work collaboratively
- Goal-driven and ability to meet established deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, particularly with Excel
- Previous non-profit experience with knowledge of Tessitura or other fundraising databases
- Bilingual - Spanish/English fluency
- Wednesday through Sunday schedule
- Availability on weekends and evenings
Must be available to work evenings Wednesday through Saturday.
9-10 hours/per week available Nov 22 - Dec 10
15-20 hours/per week available Dec 13 - Dec 30
November: 11/24, 11/25
12/1, 12/2, 12/8, 12/9, 12/14, 12/15, 12/16, 12/20, 12/21, 12/22, 12/23
We are closed for Christmas 12/25
12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30