Position: Research Analyst II
Salary Range: $56,000 – 62,000
Business Unit: Research, Policy, & Innovation
Department: Research, Policy, & Innovation
Reports To: Senior Manager Data Performance & LMI
Posted: November 4 - 18, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Research Analyst provides support for research, data and analytic projects in the Department and as support to flexible teams across the organization. This team-based position does in-depth reporting from program data, builds databases combining government and program sources, creates ad hoc reports and write memos to answer research questions, provides analyses of data and data inputs for performance management, tracks and oversees the progress of pilot programs, automates data collection where possible and write reports. Other responsibilities include reporting and adding expert technical assistance in meetings and data visualization.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Ensure effective use of labor market information by maintaining current labor market information for strategic planning, informing the delivery services, and making it available to internal and external audiences. Make data actionable for programs.
2. Support all internal teams with data and other information as needed.
3. Support projects that provide population, industry and occupational analyses in support of Board Committees and external partners in analyzing the needs of special populations and industries.
4. Participate on evaluation research teams; gathering and analyzing program data and writing evaluation reports.
5. Work with community-based organizations with workforce- related programming to support their work.
6. Detail-oriented analysis of data for accuracy
7. Use of spreadsheets and formulas to compare and manipulate data for tables and visuals
8. Tracking of program progress along a timeline of in relation to other benchmarks
9. Basic use of inferential statistics a statistical software to analyze data
10. Negotiate websites to capture data and other information in different formats
11. Build, combine and maintain databases as required
12. Enthusiastically learn new software and data systems to support projects
13. Writing reports and memos as assigned
College courses in statistics, analytics, or application programming in Social Sciences, Statistics, Planning or Business Administration or a related field with 1 - 3 years of experience in data analysis.
Or, any combination of education and/or experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Knowledge of research methodologies, basic inferential statistics, and application programming.
• Knowledge of SPSS or similar statistical software.
• Customer service oriented.
• Interested in developing data analytic and technical skills
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Intermediate skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Ability to effectively relate to people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, government agencies, public officials, and all levels of management and staff.
• Adherence to all guidelines for confidential and secure data
• Take charge over regular reports and deliver these timely
• Basic Knowledge of relational databases
• Strong business acumen and integrity for handling confidential and sensitive data
• Ability to multi-task across multiple projects
• Exceptional team member participation with strong interpersonal skills
• Able to provide proactive technical assistance and respond to complex requests
• Self-starting and quick to identify areas where information might produce better program results
• Able to effectively relate to people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, government agencies, public officials, and all levels of management and staff
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.