To assist in the accountability of all expenditures and receipts in the Self-Direction program. To assist in maintaining records to support accurate and timely reporting and review.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices and expense reports.
- Accurately completes accounts payable responsibilities including proper documentation, invoices, posting to journal, schedule for payment, and check preparation for signing.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests.
- Maintains accurate files and documentation in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Keeps current on Medicaid billing and reimbursement procedures.
- Assists in budget and cost report preparation.
- Any and all other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High School Diploma/GED required, associate degree in accounting preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting procedures and systems.
• Effective time management and math skills.
• Strong organization skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Detail oriented, with the ability to present numerical information.
• Read and interpret written information and edit work for spelling and grammar.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with keen focus on quality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Adherence to Agency policies including Attendance Policy.
• Valid NYS Drivers’ License, acceptable to Agency insurance standards preferred. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if you use your own vehicle.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Use of computer, and/or writing for extended periods of time.
· Ability to remain calm in stressful or demanding situations.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks.