To effectively, efficiently and confidentially assist with the operation of the Self Direction Program and the Human Resources Department by providing both administrative and clerical support. To ensure compliance with laws, policies and procedures. The Self Direction HR Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and processing of applications, maintenance of employee records, employee relations and other Human Resources functions.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 1 year Human Resources experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
- Well developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) including the desire to ask questions and learn from co-workers.
- Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations, and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail: is able to read and interpret written information, edits work for spelling and grammar, and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while monitoring own work to ensure quality.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Ability to remain calm in stressful or demanding situations.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Use of computer, and/or writing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling in the course of filing.
- Adherence to Agency policies including attendance policy.
Respectful: Treats everyone with courtesy and compassion recognizing individual uniqueness and needs. Displays honesty, integrity and humility. Makes difficult decisions with empathy.
Responsible: Accepts accountability for their own actions and the actions of others. Puts the interests of the organization above their personal interests. Is personally invested in the success of the organization.
Builds Partnerships: Values and builds a collaborative culture and spirit. Willing to learn from others. Moves others to take action. Pro-actively resolves conflict. Follows through in a timely manner. Anticipates and solves problems promptly with flexibility and creativity.
Commits to Service Excellence: Focuses on the needs of the individuals. Constantly reassesses processes, procedures, principles, searching for improvement opportunity. Improves performance by introducing unique and leading-edge concepts. Encourages good ideas from staff. Defines and puts into action, Best Practices. Sets and achieves high standards of performance. Challenges the status quo.
- To use the Paylocity systems in accordance with State and Federal laws.
- To perform customer service functions by answering employee and family requests and questions.
- Monitors a variety of processes (i.e. applications, eligibility, certifications, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient processing of applicants and employees in addressing position requirements and adhering to legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Accurately interprets transcripts, references, employment records, education codes and employment regulations for the purpose of ensuring compliance with Agency requirements on all eligible applicants.
- Responds appropriately and timely to written and verbal inquiries from a variety of internal and external applicants regarding the recruitment process.
- Processes all background checks, ensuring confidentiality of the information and timely communication with applicable parties, including SEL and Medicaid Exclusion checks.
- Prepares all new hire paperwork including the preparation of packets, ensuring accuracy.
- Process paperwork including entering data into appropriate databases, following up with new staff in a timely manner, and apprising FI/Designee of any discrepancies/concerns immediately.
- Assists in the administration of the compensation, benefit and wellness programs of the Agency.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Types and sends correspondence as necessary, accurately and timely.
- Assists in the audit of HR files when requested, accurately and timely, maintaining audit logs and reporting findings to department Director.
- Assists the Payroll Department to ensure all Self Direction staff timecards are entered correctly and are assigned to the proper department/individual.
- Ensures filing is done accurately and timely.
- Committee membership as assigned.
- Any and all other related duties as assigned/requested by supervisor.