Our GSE Asset Manager maintains and manages a GSE multifamily loan portfolio. This position relies heavily on strong customer service skills, critical thinking, and self-direction with general supervision. Typical duties may be routine or ambiguous in nature requiring moderate discretion relying on fundamental experiences. This position’s focus will be split between internal and external stakeholders with basic responsibilities for routine client support. Do you want to join a team where you can experience the creativity and flexibility of a small lender, with all the capabilities of a large institution? If yes, then apply TODAY!
In one year as a GSE Asset Manager, you will know you were successful if you…
- Manage borrower relationships on a portfolio of GSE multifamily mortgage loans.
- Service, maintain, and troubleshoot assigned tasks related to multifamily mortgage loans.
- Provide timely and accurate customer support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with processing assumptions, loan modifications, and other borrower requests.
- Assess and manage portfolio risk through quarterly and annual financial analysis, inspections, and monthly collections.
- Perform property inspections and deferred maintenance follow-up as required.
- Review and process repairs and substantial rehabilitation draw requests.
- Manage insurance loss draw requests and follow-up.
What we are looking for…
- Three to five years of role-specific experience preferred such as loan administration and/or property management.
- A fundamentally developed understanding of the loan portfolio management function is required.
- A general understanding of multifamily mortgage banking is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to identify, interpret, and apply applicable guidelines in managing assigned processes.
ABOUT MERCHANTS CAPITAL
With over 30 years of success built on putting people first, Merchants Capital is a proven leader in financing for multifamily housing nationwide. Our licenses with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD/FHA, in addition to our bank’s balance sheet products, allow us to offer custom solutions with agility and ease of execution, expanding access to housing in meaningful and impactful ways. Recognized as a top five affordable lender, Merchants Capital pairs our comprehensive debt offerings with in-house tax credit equity to provide a one-stop-shop for developers and owners. To learn more about Merchants Capital, visit www.merchantscapital.com.