GoldenWolf is seeking a Database Developer and Administrator (DBA) who will be responsible for supporting the development and administration of databases. The ideal support includes the ability to analyze data and make decisions quickly; strong analytical skills to monitor performance and identify problems with a system, evaluate complex information from multiple sources, and determine actions based on this analysis. Required support includes developing, testing, improving, and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively; working closely with developers to ensure system consistency; collaborating with administrators and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements; developing and optimizing database models to store and retrieve information. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solving attitude; must have demonstrated expertise in SQL, Oracle, and data visualization tools.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Create automation for repeating database tasks
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Design relational databases to support business enterprise applications and physical data modeling according to project requirements for data acquisition and security as well as customer-defined deliverables
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel, including system architects, software developers, database administrators, design analysts, and information modeling experts to determine project requirements and capabilities, and strategize development and implementation timelines
- Develop architectural strategies for data modeling, design, and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores, and Extract Transform Load (ETL) environments
- Create and test physical data models for a variety of data, applications, database structures, and metadata tables to meet operational goals for performance and efficiency
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of the databases, data marts, software programs, and hardware systems.
- Follow all client protocols and procedures and obtain appropriate and required access and approval to develop/implement/maintain data/databases within the client’s environments.
- Implement data models, database designs, and data access business rules to ensure that analysts, data miners, and developers can utilize data effectively.
- Monitor database, operate, develop scope, and understand technical requirements with input from client and/or third-party vendors/partners.
- Collaborate with designers to develop interface functionality.
- Support client staff by creating queries to collect data from appropriate database systems and provide analytical support in evaluating and making recommendations from the data.
- Identify and troubleshoot data import, analysis, and display errors.
- Data Profiling: Explore data, identify problems, and develop analytical plans accordingly.
- Analyze data and interpret results to identify significant differences in relationships.
- Evaluate sources of information to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability.
- Evaluate procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Identify relationships and trends in data and any factors that could affect results.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize data management techniques such as relational databases to manage the flow of information between client organizations and various information systems within various Government agencies, where appropriate.
- Provide consultation to clients or colleagues.
- Assist in training, working groups, seminars, and conferences.
- Provide management and administrative support.
- Restructure data tables to improve accessibility and enhance analytical capability for users.
- Collaborate with Government Database Administrators (DBAs) and convert tables into a relational format as appropriate and needed/requested.
- Document field inquiries/concerns from program users and collaborate for resolutions with the system developer or applicable software programmer.
- Provide technical recommendations to improve program administration data collection, return rates, data usage, software utilization, and similar tasks.
- Must have a high degree of expertise with the following systems/ protocols:
- Microsoft Server 2000 and XP operation and administration, and Network Administration. However, in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 39.104, minimum experience or education requirements for IT services contracts must not be specified without first consulting with the Contracting Officer.
- DBA to include Business Objects, SQL, SAS, HL7, and ETL.
- Relational Database and Modeling experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related IM/IT Field and 5 years of technical and project lead experience.
- Preferred: Active Secret (T3) Security Clearance, Security Plus certifications
- DBA to include M2, MDR, Discern and Health Analytics experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work remotely and on-site as required by the position, client and/or contract requirements.
- May be required to travel up to 20%.
The work environment is typical of those employees who perform the essential duties?and responsibilities of this job. Employee may be required to travel. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ?
Job Type: Full-Time (at least 40 hours a week)
Benefits Offered for full time employees:
- 11 Federal Observed Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and employee paid supplemental benefits
- 401K Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity or national origin.