Catania Oils is a family owned business that has been around for over 100 years and through four generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic and environmentally responsible manner. Whether you are looking for olive oil, vegetable oil or a specific blend or specialty oil you want a supplier that is known for their quality products, reliability and excellent service, which is precisely how we have built our strong reputation. When putting your name on a Catania product you can be assured of getting the quality and value needed to build a strong brand.
The Production Supervisor provides first line leadership to a crew of personnel engaged in the manufacturing process. The Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of production scheduling, safety, maintenance and repair, quality, discipline, attendance, enforcement of plant rules and other related areas in the efficient operations of the facility.
• Responsible for interviewing and hiring production personnel
• Directs activities of the production crew. Responsible for maintaining operating efficiencies of production machines
• Coordinates repairs and maintenance activities with production planning and maintenance department to maximize
uptime and labor efficiencies
• Trouble shoots down equipment and process problems
• Leads safety activities of production personnel
• Creative leadership in improving operating efficiencies
• Ongoing shift leadership to plant personnel engaged in manufacturing activities to ensure quality and delivery
performance for the plant
• Counseling, leadership and direction to the hourly employees on production issues
• Daily guidance on production schedules, unscheduled downtime and the efficient utilization of resources, including
• Enforces plant rules, monitors attendance and provides corrective action as necessary
• Prepares production reports and data for management
• Conducts regular shift meetings and training sessions for hourly personnel
• Coordinates improvements activities with other departments
• Supports and implements Operational Excellence programs as they pertain to their shift
- Bachelors degree and or previous experience as a Shift supervisor in a manufacturing environment. Food or beverage industry preferred but not required.
-Ability to troubleshoot and maintain equipment
-Computer proficiency, word, excel, inventory system, etc.
-Ability to coach and lead personnel and adhere to the company culture
-Bilingual - Spanish a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are seeking someone who enjoys and excels in a 3rd shift environment. Hands on leader who can create and make a difference.