ABOUT LIVETRENDS DESIGN GROUP:
LiveTrends Design Group (LTDG) is the leading design company within the global home décor industry. At LiveTrends we deliver inspiration and joy to over 10 million homes a year by combining two timeless forces, Nature and Art, into unforgettable home decor. Through constant innovation, creativity, and exceptional design we provide retail market leaders across North America and Europe with products and services that are changing the industry. All three of LTDG brands (LiveTrends, Urban Jungle, BeYou) are currently available at retailers such as Lowe’s, Kroger, Target, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Wegmans, and many more.
LiveTrends is currently searching for a highly energetic, motivated and creative individual to fill the role of Industrial Design Intern. The main task is to contribute to all 3D creative areas: from product design and packaging, to general creative problem solving. An innovative mind set is key.
We are looking for someone who is a skilled model maker, passionate about contemporary arts and crafts, and who can make beautifully curated home decor products that incorporate plants.
- Based on a clear brief and budget, design innovative and desirable products
- Generate multiple and varied concepts on a theme
- Learn the creative process
- Immerse yourself in the company to deliver a clear “brand voice” to all products
- Become familiar with all LiveTrends product collections past and present, to better inform collection design moving forward
- Collaborate effectively with all product stakeholders and beyond
- Know how to interpret and process Trend Reports into excellent forward-thinking product design
- Packaging design and creative problem solving beyond the studio
- Either pursuing a degree or recent graduate in Industrial Design or related field
- Competent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Rhino (or equivalent 3D software), Keyshot (or equivalent)
- Strong time and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Passion for design.
- Appreciation of the Florida sun and free plants!
- Full time, paid internship
- Matching 401K
- Onsite gym
- This is not a remote position, health, and safety permitting.
Please send a cover letter describing why you would like to work with us to: Alex@@livetrends.com Include the position “Design Intern” in the subject line. Include resume and portfolio samples with a small selection of your best work. Resumes without work samples will not be considered. PDF, web link, PowerPoint, Word documents and JPGs are preferred.
Please limit submissions to 5mb.
LiveTrends is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
LiveTrends does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of LiveTrends and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire.
Disclaimer: “We do not advertise, recruit nor hire via Google Hangout. We do not request confidential information via email.” Any and all correspondences will come from an official “@livetrends.com” e-mail and that all candidates in any recruitment process will complete an in-person interview at our corporate office in Central, FL.