- Possess strong attention to detail and follow through?
- Have a persuasive and outgoing personality?
- Enjoy variety in your work?
- Carry yourself in a professional manner when working with other executives or clients?
If this sounds like you, then apply today!
Above all, the responsibility for the estimator is to be a friendly and professional first impression to potential clients in order to sell new work for Blackjack Horticulture. This process will involve meeting with clients, performing take-offs, sourcing materials, and completing bidding and estimating tasks related to the pricing and selling work for new and existing clients.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Meet with new and existing clients
- Gather necessary measurements and information on properties and project sites
- Estimate materials, labor, equipment, and other functions necessary to perform work
- Work with existing bid templates and computer programs
- Perform take-offs and measurements on the computer
- Work with co-workers in managing projects, ensuring a smooth hand-off between estimating and operations
- Work with clients to create small-scale landscape designs for their properties
- Meet with estimators and project managers of General Contractors on a regular basis
- Routinely follow up on submitted bids
- Search for upcoming bid opportunities
Key Metrics for evaluation:
- Close rate/win rate
- Timely proposal submissions
- Accurate estimates
- Timely follow up on the submitted proposal
Reports to Vice-president, Business Development