Beer Sales Trainee
$20.25 per hour
Interested in joining a winning team? Start your career in beer with Crown Distributors!
CDK is always looking for great employees to share in our passion for excellence! Our team oriented culture and can-do attitude provide the perfect platform for individual growth opportunities in delivery, sales, marketing, warehouse, and administration.
Our Culture / Our Mission:
CDK's goal is to be the best distributor in the country. We provide our customers with superior service compared to our competition. We maintain the quality of our products at the highest standards possible. CDK provides a safe and ideal work environment for our employees that generate pride in their work and sets goals for personal improvement. CDK is a fast-paced company that's always looking for ways to improve customer and employee satisfaction.
CDK employees rave about the team members and management they work with. The organized systems we have in place keep things running smoothly which keeps our employees happy. Not to mention, a career in beer has a lot of perks, including but not limited to:
- Paid vacation (accruing 2 weeks of paid vacation during your first year)
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement opportunities
- Taxi Reimbursement program to prevent drinking and driving and promote safe fun
- Company sponsored parties including FACs, holiday parties, and family friendly events
- High quality, low employee contribution benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, ST/LT Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401K with up to a 5% match, 100% vesting
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- On site hospitality room with weekly happy hours to enjoy the beverages we carry and take part in new product tasting events
This position is designed to learn and execute in the Chain, On and Off premise pre-sales roles. The trainees are put through a structured training program including working with managers, chain, on and off premise representatives and cross training with other departments.
As a merchandiser the position will stock and merchandise grocery stores. Fill shelves and displays to capacity with available back stock with all CDK brands. Strive to ensure out of stocks are kept to a bare minimum and overall quality assurance of CDK products while working at retail.
Once through the basic training the position will assist the Chain, On and Off premise pre-sales teams as assigned by the Sales Trainee Coordinator while continuing education on advanced sales skills.
- Safely maneuver cases and kegs
- Ability to safely lift 160 lbs without accommodations
- Remain compliant with drug, alcohol, and motor vehicle policies
- Maintain work productivity over differing conditions including but not limited to temperature and order quantity
- Adhere to all state and company policies and procedures
- Complete the CDK sales training program.
- Responsible for adhering to Weekend Chain Service policies in all weekend merchandising accounts.
- Perform all the functions of Chain, On and Off-premise pre-salesperson while covering vacation or holiday routes in a professional manner.
- Assists in liquor and grocery store re-sets as assigned by the manager.
- Aggressively solicit and secure primary positions of CDK brand permanent and paper P.O.S. Performs major merchandising projects assisting the managers and pre-sales staff.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all quality assurance guidelines of CDK.
- Takes on special projects as assigned by the manager i.e. supplier retail surveys, crew drives, “short week” assistance, etc.
- Manage account inventories of CDK products.
- Keep back stock area clean and organized.
- Work all back stock, to ensure shelves are filled completely with all CDK brands.
- Displays must be filled, rotated, organized, priced, and shoppable.
- All Crown Distributors products must be rotated and shoppable on the shelf.
- Report any out of stocks to area sales manager.
- Discard all trash in proper recycling/trash bins.
- Complete weekly stocking forms and return to area sales manager
- Understand and comply with all quality assurance guidelines of CDK Suppliers. While stocking and merchandising, will maintain and monitor product quality and freshness of all CDK products in all assigned stores.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer rapport.
- Submit all required reports neat and on time.
- Maintains proper upkeep of Company vehicles and observes safe driving habits when operating all Company vehicles.
- Understands and complies with all local, state and federal regulations along with all CDK policies and procedures.
All Sales positions at CDK are considered leaders in the CDK organization. As such, the Sales Trainee/Merchandiser position will always maintain a professional appearance and attitude. Position will be asked to perform duties “above and beyond the normal” from time to time and expected to cheerfully perform such duties. Position expected to be a positive role model for other CDK employees.
Beer Sales Trainee- Topeka
WHILE WE SINCERELY APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN CROWN DISTRIBUTORS, ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please note selected candidates will be subject to an MVR & criminal background check and a pre-employment physical/drug screen