This position is at our Highland Square location, located at the corner of Portage Path and W. Market St.
Washes and stores all pots, pans, and utensils in the proper manner, maintains area floors, walls and equipment.
- Operates dishwashing machine, making sure it is in proper working condition and reports dishwashing machine problems to the appropriate supervisor.
- Scrapes all pans and pre-washes before putting into washing machine. When washing is completed, empties tank, cleans inside and out with soapy water.
- Washes pots by hand using prescribed amounts of soap and disinfectant. Ensures all food, grease, and residue is removed. Changes water as needed for best results.
- Air-dries all items before storing. Stores in neat fashion and rotates stock so all items are used regularly.
- Maintains pot and pan storage area including surrounding floors and walls.
- Maintains a sanitary work station.
- Helps keep kitchen area clean and helps keep trash off the floor.
- Sweeps, washes or mops entire Market Kitchen floor as directed and before end of shift.
- Removes all trash to appropriate areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Dishwashing Equipment
- Trash Compactor
Evenings and weekends are required.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
- (E) High school education or equivalent or current enrollment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal skills
- Carrying 50 lbs.
- Prioritization skills
- Hearing (Auditory)
- Work with little supervision
- Lifting 50 lbs.
- Sight or peripheral Vision
- Operating Equipment
- Communication (Verbal)
- Standing (up to 8 hours)