The M&A and Investments Associate will support the execution of M&A transactions and Investment activities in the firm. The person will work in a highly visible, cross-functional environment with various internal and external stakeholders to screen, analyze and evaluate a variety of transactions including greenfield investments, project and platform level acquisitions, capital raises (tax equity and leverage) and strategic initiatives. The person shall also support the development of investment-related communications inside the firm, including investment committee memos, senior management presentations and post-approval tracking. The firm has a broad focus across energy transition spectrum and the role will provide opportunities to get exposure in utility scale, distributed generation, offshore projects as well as transmission related opportunities.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Support all analytical activities for the M&A process, including financial modeling, market research, and due diligence
- Analyze greenfield projects, develop economics, undertake valuation and sensitivity analyses of various opportunities.
- Support the preparation of investment committee memos and presentation for senior management, investment committee and board members.
- Analyze and support bidding strategies for Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), Build Transfer Agreements (BTAs) and Development Asset Sales
- Additional duties relevant to a role of this nature.
- MBA or master’s in finance or a comparable field
- 1-3 years in M&A, corporate finance, and investment analysis in a deal environment
- Experience in Tax Equity financing is a plus
- Experience in renewable energy industry is a strong plus
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling.
- Strong competency in Microsoft products, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels are critical to success at energyRe.
- Must be able to work well in groups but also independently to manage and own tasks.