The Associate will oversee SOO Green project budget, support corporate budgeting and forecasting processes, perform in-depth analysis of actual vs. budget and communicate results to management, optimize project level cash management, support Accounting in ensuring accurate representation of all financial transactions related to SOO Green project, and lead allocation of shared services. Additionally, the associate will support all aspects of the complex infrastructure financing of the SOO Green project, which spans renewable energy projects (wind, solar and storage) and transmission lines. The role will entail building of a portfolio model, financial analysis, financial modeling of back leverage and tax equity, and other functions as needed. This is a dynamic role working to support the senior leadership of a cross-functional team in a start-up environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Prepare business plans, including annual operating plans, and quarterly financial forecasts.
- Support implementation of planned organizational structure within the accounting and financial planning system to ensure fair representation of each financial information for each stakeholder of the different platforms.
- Maintain project budget and regularly update the budgets with input from development teams.
- Perform in-depth analysis of actual financial performance to provide feedback to management, determine value drivers, and explain discrepancies from targeted performance to project board.
- Assists in preparation of company dashboard reports, presentations, and policies related to finance and treasury activities.
- Prepare insightful analysis using data analytics tools to help management report on various project milestones and operating business performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare capital calls to project partners as needed to ensure sufficient funding at corporate and project level.
- Build and automate financial models (FFCF, FCFE, Project Finance, Tax Equity, etc.) by using best practices such as benchmarking, process analysis and VBA programming.
- Assist with due diligence processes and perform underlying research for internal energyRe team and external parties (auditors, appraisers, technical consultants, etc.), under the supervision of the VP, FP&A.
- Manage model and other funding deliverables and timelines for financing.
- Prepare and improve all materials required for asset marketing (teasers, info-memos, factsheets) and approvals at energyRe investment committees.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in renewable energy, corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, or private equity.
- Exposure to work experience in tax equity or project finance industry is desirable.
- Prior experience of working in energy and/or infrastructure financing
- Familiarity with renewable energy financing structures.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail, and curiosity to understand underlying inputs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Ability to work well in groups.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Visual Basic and PowerPoint.