The School Liaison is an employee of the Family Resource Center who works closely with local school districts to help family members navigate through educational and school-related concerns and needs, as well as work with school districts to identify Family Members that may be in need of family support services.
What You Will Be Doing to Make a Difference in the Lives of Youth and Families
- Function as part of a team which support the educational and emotional growth and development of youth in our local school systems
- Assist schools to identify resources to meet students’ needs
- Assist youth and families with obtaining an Individual Education Plan
- Meet with school personnel as necessary
- Responsible for negotiating and implementing special events and other inter-agency activities that involve schools
- Host parent and youth support groups
Bay State Community Services (BSCS) recognized the hard work and dedication of our staff and has developed a comprehensive benefit package to support you and your family.
Benefits Begin On Your First Day of Employment
Important Health and Wellbeing Benefits
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health and Dental Insurance
Eye-Med Vision Benefits
Employer Paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Medical Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
35 Days Paid Time Off (15 Vacation Days, 12 Holidays including Juneteenth and 8 Sick Days)
Retirement Plan 403(b) employer match after the first year of employment)
Opportunities for Reduced Tuition for Clinical Master's Degree
Opportunities for Student Loan Forgiveness
Extensive Training Program
Monthly Agency Wide Trainings (includes CEU's for obtaining/retaining license - LMHC, LMFT, LADC, CARC, LCSW and LICSW)
Supervision for Licensure and Specializations
Immediate Access to Comprehensive Online Self-Paced CEU Trainings
Opportunities for Certification in Evidence Based Practices
We are a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program!
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with youth and families
- Experience working with educational systems preferred
- Additional spoken and written languages such as Spanish, Portuguese and Mandrin/Cantonese are desirable
- Must possess a valid MA driver's license
Bay State Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment free from bias, discrimination, or harassment of any kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.