About Operation Food Search:
Founded in 1981, Operation Food Search is a hunger relief organization that provides food, nutrition education and innovative programs in order to reduce food insecurity and increase equitable access to food. We serve 200,000 people every month through a network of 330 partners in 27 counties in Missouri and Illinois. We use a combination of immediate food assistance and supportive services, while also working on long-term solutions and systemic changes to help solve the problem of hunger.
Our Mission is to heal hunger with innovative and collaborative solutions that provide food today and help create a hunger-free tomorrow.
Our Vision is a region where everyone has equitable access to food, they need to lead healthy lives.
Our Goals are to:
- Meet the immediate need for food for children, individuals and families by providing high-quality nutrition through our distribution network.
- Empower long-term skills through nutrition education and by teaching how to shop and prepare healthy food on a budget.
- Champion change through advocacy, innovative programs and by addressing systemic inequities.
For more information about OFS, please visit our website at www.operationfoodsearch.org.
Warehouse Inventory Support directly assists the MetroMarket Coordinator and MetroMarket Lead in preparing the MetroMarket grocery store before it heads out into the community. Warehouse Inventory Support is involved in a rich variety of tasks and skills including warehouse management, inventory management, and quality control. The perfect candidate for this role will have high energy and a great attitude and interested in learning grocery operations, warehouse, inventory management.
- Receiving and sorting incoming inventory at the start of the week.
- Organizing MetroMarket cooler, freezer, and warehouse space.
- Provide quality control of products in the warehouse.
- Preparing vehicle Mobile Market and van for on-site programming which includes restocking mobile market inventory and van stock.
- Assisting Market Coordinator in daily inventory count.
- Assisting Market Coordinator in daily waste count of inventory.
- Complete janitorial duties, which include, but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, and taking out trash at warehouse.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience working with a multicultural workforce
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn processes quickly
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse populations
- Ability to establish positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues and customers
- Must be an effective team member and maintain a professional demeanor with the ability to listen to others
- Hep A vaccination or willingness to obtain it.
- Flexibility in working hours for occasional special events after-hours or weekend activities.
- Willingness to volunteer for other OFS duties that don't fall under regular job duties.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (8-10 hour shift), both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
To Apply: Please submit your application and include your resume at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1958745/Operation-Food-Search-Inc/Warehouse-Inventory-Support
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.