About Operation Food Search:
Founded in 1981, Operation Food Search is a hunger relief organization that provides food, nutrition education and innovative programs in order to reduce food insecurity and increase equitable access to food. We serve 200,000 people every month through a network of 330 partners in 27 counties in Missouri and Illinois. We use a combination of immediate food assistance and supportive services, while also working on long-term solutions and systemic changes to help solve the problem of hunger.
Our Mission is to heal hunger with innovative and collaborative solutions that provide food today and help create a hunger-free tomorrow.
Our Vision is a region where everyone has equitable access to the food they need to lead healthy lives.
Our Goals are to:
- Meet the immediate need for food for children, individuals and families by providing high-quality nutrition through our distribution network.
- Empower long-term skills through nutrition education and by teaching how to shop and prepare healthy food on a budget.
- Champion change through advocacy, innovative programs and by addressing systemic inequities.
For more information about OFS, please visit our website at www.operationfoodsearch.org.
The Grocery Support Associate directly assists the MetroMarket Lead and other team members in running the MetroMarket grocery store and produce delivery. Grocery Support Associates are involved in a rich variety of tasks and skills including customer service, quality control, and community engagement. This position is fun and fast paced, requiring high energy and a great attitude. Ultimately, this is a perfect entry level position for anyone interested in learning grocery operations and community engagement.
- Process and sort incoming produce
- Provide quality control of products in the warehouse and on the vehicles
- Deliver produce bags to partner sites
- Pack produce bags
- Complete janitorial duties, which include, but are not limited to, sweeping, mopping, and taking out trash:
- On the vehicles and in surrounding site areas
- In the warehouse
- Maintain knowledge of products sold on MetroMarket vehicles
- Prepare vehicle:
- Load products on and off vehicles
- Display product at sites
- Deliver and stock inventory of off-site programs
- Provide excellent customer service:
- Maintain a friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Assist customers with bags and shopping when needed
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience and willingness to drive small transit vehicles a plus
- Experience working with a multicultural workforce
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn processes quickly
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse populations
- Knowledgeable working with Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues and customers
- Must be an effective team member and maintain a professional demeanor with the ability to listen to others
- Hep A vaccination or willingness to obtain it
- Flexibility in working hours for occasional special events after-hours or weekend activities
- Willingness to volunteer for other OFS duties that don't fall under regular job duties
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (8-10-hour shift), both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
To Apply: Please submit your application and include your resume at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1958936/Operation-Food-Search-Inc/Grocery-Support-Associate
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.