Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with an emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Remote Senior Bioinformatician for the National Cancer Institute’s (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
Although all work under this contract will be performed remotely, candidate must be located in the metro DC area for any time they are required to be on-site in Rockville, MD. Candidate will work remotely on a daily basis and will remotely access NCI’s systems and therein use approved NCI provided communication systems. Contractors may be required to travel 5-10% in support of this contract. When required, travel will be re-reimbursed at current provisions.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Provide high level expertise in the application of information technology to biological, biomedical, and population research
- Use computational tools to gather and analyze data in fields including but not limited to genomics, epidemiology, clinical trials, and imaging, using methods such as statistics, mathematics, advanced visualization, simulations, and/or machine learning
- Provide expertise across a wide variety of informatics and data science areas as applied to discovery biology, clinical decision support, and public health
- Provide expertise in the integration of a variety of heterogeneous biomedical information systems and databases and support the sharing and dissemination of this information
- 8 years of progressively responsible experience in the individual’s field of study and specialization and doctorate-level degree required; Master’s degree in biology/computer science/engineering plus 6 years additional directly related work experience over and above the minimum experience requirements for this position may be substituted for a doctorate degree
- Familiar with standard tools and data formats related to gene expression, enrichment analysis, genetic, genomic, or epigenetic data, e.g., encountered when analyzing high-throughput transcriptomic, whole exome, whole genome, whole methylome, GWAS, or targeted resequencing data
- Proficient in MS Office specifically, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior, successful experience working in a remote environment
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- A doctorate-level degree in Bioinformatics
- Experience interpreting biological data related to diseases associated with cancer
- Current Public Trust
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around research in health and informatics
- Possess knowledge, expertise, and experience supporting any of the following: biomedical, research, information technology and or Informatics projects
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.