Primary Job Duties:
• Maintains a strong understanding of all restaurant and culinary systems and operations.
• Provides direction, coaching and leadership to all culinary team members, including training them regarding safety and sanitation, health inspection standards and company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals and achievement to General Manager.
• Effectively ensures maintenance of the kitchen (clean, neat, and organized) and ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for the culinary team to execute their responsibilities.
• Writes schedule for all culinary team members, sufficiently preparing the park for events scheduled throughout the week and anticipated walk-in business.
• Ensures 100% adherence to all aspects of food quality.
• Helps ensure a safe work environment for everyone, including 100% use of safety tools.
• Ensures maintenance of food storage area sanitation and standards.
• Ensures all kitchen areas meet local and state health code regulations.
• Orders and verifies upon receipt all food and supply products for the kitchen.
• Directs the planning, implementation and culinary team training for all menu and specials rollouts in the restaurant, with adherence to specifications, presentation and standards.
• Communicates effectively with vendors, addressing food, supply, delivery or scheduling concerns as needed.
• Interviews and hires all culinary team members, maintaining appropriate staffing par levels through seasonality of the business.
• Completes all BOH performance appraisals, recommending appropriate merit increases to the GM.
• Responsible for meeting the restaurant’s financial goals including cost of sales (managing ordering and inventory); labor (appropriately scheduling through use of labor models); and hiring, developing and retaining the very best team members.
• Standing for long periods of time with frequent bending and turning
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to withstand extreme hot/cold temperatures
Standard Company Expectations:
• Goes beyond the normal expectations without compromising the company mission, vision and values.
• Demonstrates the ability to be courteous and accountable in all situations.
• Responding to guests’ special requests in a courteous and accountable fashion.
• Monitors the consistency of the product provided to all guests.
• Works in a friendly, honest, and diligent manner with fellow team members, supervisors, and managers.
• Cooperates with all team members when assigned additional tasks and listens to others with compassion.
• Seeks knowledge from multiple sources and learns from past experiences for future development and growth.
• Maintains uniform standards.
Please note that the company validates every applicant's right to work in the United States through the E-verify system. Also, in order to maintain the safety of our guests and team members, the company will process a background check upon hire. The results of E-verify and the background check could dictate your employment with the company. We appreciate your compliance and understanding regarding these matters.