Avesta Housing is seeking a hardworking and dedicated Custodian to perform routine, emergency, and preventative janitorial services, while providing excellent customer service, contributing to a quality living environment for all residents at Seventy-Five State Street!
About Seventy-Five State Street
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, Seventy-Five State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of assisted living services in a nurturing home designed to enhance the quality of life, respect personal dignity, and to provide “peace of mind” to each resident as well as to their respective family.
What it's Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to providing our residents with sincere and thoughtful care. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others, strengthening our community, and ensuring compliance with state and federal standard of care requirements gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta's Seventy-Five State Street location being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will meet the following requirements:
- Excellent judgment
- Caring attitude
- Detail oriented
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to complete necessary forms.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to interact well with people.
- Ability to use tools, carry equipment and supplies and climb ladders up to six feet in height.
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated by a desire to render services to others.
- Capable of exercising individual initiative.
Click HERE to view the full job description for the Custodian position.
This is a part-time position primarily scheduled to work during the evening shift. This is a non-exempt/hourly position that pays $14.00 - $16.00 per hour, in addition to any applicable shift differentials.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Health, dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental health counseling
- 7 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application and apply today!