Job Title: Homeowner Services Coordinator, In-Take Specialist
Reports to: Homeowner Services Director
Location: Houston, TX
Compensation: $40,000 - $45,000 (DOE)
Houston Habitat for Humanity empowers people to build a better future for themselves and their families by completing financial and home maintenance training, building homes alongside volunteers, and by purchasing their homes with an affordable mortgage. With this hand up, they achieve strength, stability, and self-reliance. Houston Habitat’s mission is seeking to put God’s love into action, by bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
The values that underpin and shape our work and approach are:
- Integrity. Do the right thing for the right reason, even when no one is around. Be honest in your words and actions.
- Respect. Be open, transparent, and inclusive. Listen without judgment. Treat others as they desire to be treated—value differences.
- Accountability. Honor commitments or communicate if you cannot do so. Own your words, actions, and results.
- Effective Communication. Communicate with empathy, clarity, and purpose. Practice active listening—listen to understand, not to respond. Ask clarifying questions to gain and confirm understanding. Create a space where it is safe to speak.
- Mission Driven. Be intentional in using knowledge, expertise, and influence to advocate for and advance the mission.
- Entrepreneurial Attitude. Be a lifelong learner open to personal and professional development. Seek continuous improvement and transformative change, embracing innovation, strategic thinking, and agile execution.
- Leadership Mindset. Be courageous. Serve first, empowering and uplifting others while demonstrating compassion and support. Create a joyful environment.
The position is responsible for supporting all departmental processes and serves as a driving force to solicit and build a pipeline of homebuyers
- Respond to department e-mails and voice messages
- Utilize SalesForce software to input Homeownership Program applications, track homeowner status, and respond to application inquiries
- Manage all aspects of the homebuyer application process
- Organize and manage paper and digital homeowner records in accordance with Houston Habitat’s records retention policy and all relevant laws
- Assist with implementation, setup and/or conduct information sessions
- Assist with setup at Homeowner Dedication ceremonies
- Attend Home Fairs to promote Homeownership Program, as scheduled
- Adhere to all guidelines related to the confidentiality of homebuyer records and information as required by law
- Support the Department with other projects and in other areas as additional needs are identified by the Director
Education, Experience & Skills Required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills, tactful, diplomatic and self-motivating
- Good time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exemplary MS Office skills
- A sense of community service and helping others
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Adherence to all policies and procedures
- Consistent and punctual attendance
- The ability to tolerate an indoor environment and outdoor weather conditions (heat, humidity, rain, and cold)
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods
- Ability to use computer for long periods on a daily basis
- Ability to perform essential functions of job. Reasonable accommodation is available
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, squat, and reach for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lb
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm w/ 30 minute lunch* (Weekends, when necessary for event coverage)
Houston Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer