Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily. The VP of Sales — Wireline Telecommunications will play a critical role in fueling this continued growth.
What We Are Looking For
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Vice President of Sales (Business Development) to lead our business development efforts in the wireline telecommunications space. Here, we have two-plus decades of experience with the top providers — and we look for this leader to build on this record of success. The ideal candidate will have a proven history of significant success selling engineering and construction services to telecommunications companies, particularly outside of the top 5 largest US telecom companies. They will also possess robust, executive-level relationships with Carrier decisionmakers. The position will be part of the Essentia leadership team and will report directly to the CEO.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or a related field preferred — or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years selling engineering services to wireline telecom Carriers.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets and driving revenue growth in the wireline provider space.
- Strong relationships with PE-funded FTTP internet service providers.
- Ability to manage a significant portfolio of customers, projects, and solutions at significant scale.
- Exceptional leadership and team development skills to promote individual behavior that results in organization-wide benefits, thereby enhancing personal, professional, and corporate growth.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, public speaking, and negotiation skills.
- Strong team management skills with the ability to speak to sales, business development, solutions engineering, and all other aspects of the internal support team.
- Strong negotiation, leadership, and cross-functional collaboration skills. Ability to discuss wireline infrastructure solutions effectively with business leaders and lead presentations.
- A strong background in B2B sales and business development; best practices should feel like second nature to candidates.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for wireline providers to give Essentia the best short- and long-term view of how and where to grow.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities to increase revenue and market share in the wireline telecom market.
- Sell large, complex engagements tailored to customer needs.
- Understand what the needle movers are within an MSA so we can be proactive in negotiating big ticket items.
- Craft compelling, timely responses to RFPs and RFQs that leverage Essentia’s key differentiators.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering and operations teams to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Essentia’s solution and product offerings, and our corporate strategy, business objectives and vision.
- Define go-to-market priorities and targets for our products and solutions for wireline telecoms, informed by market fit and based on revenue potential, product readiness, the offering’s strategic importance and targeted growth strategies in existing and new accounts.
- Partner with Marketing to establish clear, compelling messaging and positioning for our industry solutions that differentiate them, and exploit Essentia’s advantages.
- Eliminate friction in our sales process, and drive growth through strategic pricing and packaging of our offerings.
- Develop sales strategy including yearly and quarterly sales targets.
- Present large opportunities requiring investment to leadership committee; conduct associated financial modeling and assessment of growth opportunities, risks, and operational requirements.
- Attend key industry conferences.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, including partnerships, joint ventures, and strategic alliances with wireline Providers.
- Work with leadership to collaboratively define and drive KPIs for sales team.
- Ultimately, lead and manage a team of sales professionals, providing coaching, mentoring, and performance management to drive individual and team success.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, market conditions, and competitive landscape to drive informed decision-making and maintain a competitive edge.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive BCBS NC medical plan
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- Paid holidays and 15 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.