$425/week. Free housing! Free meals! Unforgettable summer!
The Food Service team offers an excellent opportunity to work and learn about the various functions of a large food service operation. This department teaches customer service, organizational and time-management skills. Staff in this department work alongside one another to compete the tasks they are given! It is a very team-oriented department. Food Service operates in these three areas:
- Back of House (BOH): This is our kitchen. Responsibilities of the kitchen include cooking meals, preparing salads, baking, and making desserts. This is a very fast-paced environment, and they work hard to have meals ready in time for service.
- Front of House (FOH): This is our buffet/dining room area. Responsibilities of Front of House include setting up buffet lines, keeping lines clean and stocked, interacting with guests, and making any accommodations needed for guests. This is our most guest-facing position in the Food Service Department, so these staff have the opportunity to meet thousands of people each day!
- Dish: This is our dish room. Responsibilities include cleaning, sanitizing, and organizing all of the dishes used by our guests and food service department! They work in an assembly line to ensure that each dish is properly cleaned and stored away. It is a fast-paced environment, but so fun!
Hours for Food Service very depending on staff need and area. Summer Staff will work in each area of Food Service, as we would like to have a well-rounded team. Throughout the shift, each area of Food Service is responsible for cleaning their designated workspace. This is a fun work environment with a large team!
- A genuine desire to make a huge impact for God’s glory
- Bring a “Whatever It Takes” attitude to work everyday
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to bend and lift repeatedly
- Ability to stand for majority of shifts
- Ability to follow directions well
Our Summer Staff are a dynamic team who have a genuine desire to come alongside Ridgecrest in our mission of Impacting Lives for God’s Glory. Summer Staff have the incredible opportunity to interact with and serve guests from all over the world from May-August. Our prayer is that our program is a life-changing experience. We want Summer Staff to experience God and encourage them as they grow in their relationship with Him, equip them with skills they will carry with them for years to come, and build a strong community among our team where they will meet lifelong friends. Here are a few things you will get to be a part of:
- Weekly discipleship programs (Chapel, Community Group, Service Projects, etc.)
- Planned events on campus (Sporting Events, All-Team Hangouts, Picnics, etc.)
- Serving in a behind-the-scenes role around Ridgecrest
Staffers must have an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus, have great communication skills, and be self-motivated. There will be long/busy days and staffers should be prepared to work hard both mentally and physically. We offer an opportunity for those in the program to learn and develop skills that are useful in everyday life. Through training and hands-on experience, you have the opportunity to learn about leadership and the responsibilities that come with it.