This role has a May 2024 start date.
We are seeking brilliant people who share our passion for energy, data, and software design to contribute to LineVision’s cloud-based platform. Your efforts will impact our technology stack from IoT sensor data acquisition, to Python-based data pipeline, to Typescript web applications for presentation and visualization. If you are passionate about the net-zero energy infrastructure, are a data engineering nerd or just love to write clean code, we want you!
The successful Software Engineer will work with the group to design, develop, and deploy solutions that help unlock additional capacity on existing electrical transmission infrastructure, provide insight into conductor health, and detect anomalies and risks in a proactive way to ensure the safety of the grid.
What will you do?
Core Responsibilities and Key Performance Objectives
- Design, build, test and maintain software applications and internal tools to support data health and application administration
- Integrate with internal and external APIs, cloud services, and relational databases
- Contribute to new system design and proof-of-concept exploration
- Be a valued member of a high-performing software engineering team by supporting team goals of continuous improvement and our culture of growth-mindset
Within Three Months:
- Learn how our products work and get familiar with transmission lines and Dynamic Line Ratings (DLR)
- Achieve a high level understanding of the software projects the team is working on, and the process we use for deployment
- Dive into the code tackling your first Jira tickets: Your contribution counts!
Within Six Months:
- Collaborate cross-functionally within with the tech and product team to make some bigger improvements and fix bugs across our entire software platform
- Go deep with a growing understanding of LineVision’s products and technology
- Support company operations by developing new and existing internal tools
Within a Year:
- Take on large product enhancements and tech debt / refactoring to improve the overall scalability and maintainability of our codebases
- Research and identify possible platform improvements for the group to implement
- Mentor the newbies! Train new team members on our technology and processes
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Understanding of object-oriented and functional design principles, relational databases, distributed software design, and Agile methodologies for team software development
- Strong and disciplined approach to test-driven software development
- Initiative, creative problem-solving skills and team collaboration
- Desired experience and programming languages
- Math and science Python libraries like Pandas, NumPy, and Matplotlib
- UI libraries such as Material UI, StorybookJS, and Charting libraries
- Cloud infrastructure; AWS (preferred), Azure and/or Google Cloud
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Growth. You will join a motivated and high-performing team helping LineVision scale from a 50 person company to market leader, serving utilities around the world and solving one of the key obstacles to the clean energy transition
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with other scientists and engineers
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com