United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for assistance. Our Child Care team helps families in Connecticut find child care that best meets their needs.
This team needs a motivated Child Care Early Childhood/Instructional Practices Specialist to represent United Way of Connecticut and 2-1-1 Child Care in the community.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Researches, develops, and maintains curricula for trainings and workshops for early care professionals and families to support quality improvement.
- Delivers trainings and technical assistance to center-based and home-based providers on topics related to child development, quality improvement in the Quality Recognition Improvement System, health and safety, business practices, and other related topics.
- Identifies specific geographic areas and target groups for child care provider recruitment and does outreach to connect with these populations. Develops and implements an annual plan for recruitment of family day care providers in targeted areas.
- Develops and delivers quality improvement activities to providers in targeted areas.
- Develops and delivers presentations to inform and educate community groups, families, and child care providers about 2-1-1 Child Care services, QRIS and the child care subsidy program.
- Conducts evidence-based assessments and creates actions plans for programs participating in a Quality Recognition Improvement System.
- Builds rapport with child care providers pursuing early education credentials.
- In group and individual settings, motivates child care providers to develop the academic habits and skills they need to ensure their successful achievement of their credentials.
- Conducts monthly meetings with cohort participants.
- Assists child care providers to prepare for presentations, projects and exams.
- Tracks and reports the progress of child care providers toward their goal.
- Acts as a resource to and connects child care providers with available resources.
- Compiles and analyzes data and reports on resource development activities (capacity building and professional development) and community/recruitment activities and participants.
- Develops and distributes consumer education materials to community organizations and professionals to market 2-1-1 Child Care Services and QRIS throughout Connecticut.
- Stays current on state/federal program and funding initiatives which impact the early childhood system in Connecticut.
- Maintains close working relationship with 2-1-1 Child Care and Child Care Services Leadership Team.
- Communicates updated information on community services and programs to 2-1-1 Child Care and other UWC units.
- Maintains accurate calendar of scheduled activities and mileage and expense records related to outreach.
- Consistently meets defined production and quality standards.
Compensation: $50,000 per year
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $4,000 annually).
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
The Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., some weekends and evenings required; (Full-Time)
- Master’s degree (preferred) or Bachelor's degree (required) in child development, education or related field.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish required.
- Experience working in a NAEYC accredited program preferred.
- Knowledge of Connecticut’s Core Areas of Knowledge Competencies, Early Learning Development Standards, Head Start Standards and NAEYC Standards for accreditation.
- Minimum of three years’ experience including outreach with the child care or education system in Connecticut.
- Expertise in facilitating adult learning transfer of knowledge in large groups or individualized settings.
- Administrative experience including program and reporting responsibilities.
- Public speaking experience required.
- Valid CT driver's license, registration, insurance and reliable transportation required at all times for travel to meetings and trainings.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS December 6, 2019
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.