This role has a May 2024 start date.
Are you a self-motivated electrical engineer who loves programming software for fun? Come join us and make an impact as we work toward our mission of a net-zero grid.
We seek an entry-level Hardware Engineer to be an integral member of LineVision’s Engineering team, taking ownership of hardware and firmware projects, to ensure the highest quality in our new products, and improving quality in our existing products.
What will you do?
- Product Development of Lidar and Computer-Vision based IOT sensors
- Support the firmware development of our sensors, using C and C++ to implement features and improve device performance
- Impact the backend operation of the device, developing Python or other high-level language code
- Execute and automate tests within the hardware and firmware test framework to improve quality and efficiency
- Be self motivated and situationally aware - identify issues and take them on!
Within Three Months:
- Understand the LineVision solution: Learn how the products work and get familiar with transmission lines and Dynamic Line Ratings (DLR)
- Achieve a high level understanding of the hardware, firmware and test projects the team is working on, and the process we use for deployment
- Take on a technical challenge: identify an area for improvement and work with the team to plan and execute your own project. Your contribution counts!
Within Six Months:
- Collaborate cross-functionally within with the tech and product team to make some bigger improvements and fix bugs across our entire sensor hardware platform
- Go deep with a growing understanding of LineVision’s products and technology
- Support company operations by developing new and existing internal tools
Within a Year:
- Take on large product enhancements and tech debt / refactoring to improve the overall scalability and maintainability of our codebases
- Research and identify possible platform improvements for the group to implement
- Mentor the newbies! Train new team members on our technology and processes
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- B.S. in engineering or a related technical degree
- Proficiency in a low level programming languages, C, C++, Java, etc
- Proficiency in a high level programming language, Python Preferred
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI, UARTs, and other board-level communications protocols
- Familiarity with embedded linux operating systems
- Comfort with the range of debugging tools, from GDB to oscilloscopes and test equipment.
- Comfort with reading schematics
- Familiarity with security issues around embedded systems.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other departments and work on multidisciplinary design projects.
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Real World Innovation. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system.
- Growth. You will join a motivated and high-performing team helping LineVision scale from a 50 person company to market leader, serving utilities around the world and solving one of the key obstacles to the clean energy transition
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with other scientists and engineers
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com