Come Smile with Us!
Are you a Human Resources leader ready for an opportunity to serve as a valued strategic partner with our CEO and Executive Leadership Team? Join our collaborative team that focuses on developing our people and the next generation of leaders.
Delta Dental of Iowa invites candidates for Vice President, Human Resources to support the organization’s mission and values through the development and implementation of sound human resources strategies, policies, and practices. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, you will be a strategic partner with our CEO and executive leadership in human resources and employee engagement. You will lead and/or support strategic initiatives defined in the Company’s strategic plan, including playing a role in our company's understanding of trends in total rewards and employee benefits. You will serve as a liaison (with CEO) to Board of Directors Executive and Compensation committee on executive compensation, benefits, employee engagement, employee hiring and talent development. Specific areas of responsibility include policy and policy implementation; compensation and benefits; recruitment, hiring and staffing; learning and professional development; HR legal and compliance; and employee relations.
Why Delta Dental of Iowa?
For your smile. For your health. For your community.
At Delta Dental of Iowa, we’re more than just a dental and vision insurance company. Improving health and wellness is at the center of everything we do. As a not-for-profit, we aim to build stronger communities by investing in actions that promote and improve health. Delta Dental of Iowa invests 40% of our dollars directly back into the communities we serve.
Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Together, we can make a difference – not only in Iowa but across the country.
Job Description Highlights:
- Lead a team of HR professionals to accomplish day-to-day responsibilities, recruiting and hiring, benefits, and talent development
- Take established culture to next level focusing on ownership and change
- Lead employee engagement with CEO, HR team and internal communications, including internal improvement initiatives
- Continue to develop learning and development strategy, including executive and next generation development
- Liaison (with CEO) to Board of Directors Executive and Compensation committee on executive compensation, benefits, employee engagement, employee hiring and talent development
- Partner to CEO and business leaders on how talent strategy integrates with overall business strategy
- Involved externally in human resources profession with emphasis on understanding total rewards and benefit trends (SME on emerging benefits trends)
- Shepherd DEI work, including recruiting, hiring and ongoing company DEI development/learning
- Administer established compensation system, including executive compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Human Resources, with leadership and/or generalist experience
- Human Resources management experience in a financial services environment preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to work effectively and relate well with all levels internally and externally
- Excellent leadership skills - team building, with demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop teams and individual team members in the achievement of goals and objectives
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and external partners to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Limited travel required
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.