Pine Tree Camp opened its gates in 1945 as a summer camp for children with physical disabilities. Over the years, it has evolved into a place where children and adults with disabilities are able to participate in all the recreational activities for which Maine is known all year long.
The barrier-free setting, along with an amazing staff, ensure that activities like swimming, fishing, kayaking, hiking, boating and even camping in a tent under the stars are completely accessible to all.
Participating in activities that take people beyond their disability has a tremendous impact. It builds self-esteem and self-confidence. That experience coupled with meeting friends who understand and experiencing the feeling of acceptance is transformational.
Summer Dates: June 4th - August 24th.
Salary: All summer salaries are stipend based on previous experience. Pine Tree Camp pays bi-weekly. All positions in the kitchen, laundry, facilities and Camp Pine Cone (our day camp) are hourly positions and start at minimum wage.
Summer Positions at Camp:
Support Staff: Help with the day to day oversight of the camp program.
Dining Hall Assistants
Direct Care Staff: Work directly with the campers to provide support in the areas of personal, emotional, and recreational needs.
Activity Staff: Help plan and facilitate the camp program in a specific program area.
Arts & Crafts Program Leader
Overnight Program Leader
Nature Program Leader
Waterfront Program Leader
Boating Program Leader
Music Program Leader
Drama Program Leader
Outdoor Games Program Leader
•Full job descriptions available upon request.
• Completed at least one year of college or comparable experience for counselor or program staff positions.
• Enthusiasm for working with people with disabilities
• Previous work history—preferably in a related field
• Willingness to learn and provide assistance with personal care and hygiene
• Ability and willingness to live in close quarters with others
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Sustained personal energy
• Ability to multi-task
• An ability to make decisions
• Physical capacity to perform duties associated with the role
• If you are applying for a counseling and program staff positions, you must be 18 years or older.