The Training Manager will identify and monitor training needs in the organization, and design, plan, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures to fulfill those needs. This role will oversee the daily activities of training Team Members across all functions of the business with a focus on safety sensitive positions. While primarily supporting the Operations function, additional special projects may arise in a cross functional nature (i.e. HR, Maintenance, Safety etc.). This role will also serve in producing training compliance reports, participate in audits, and interface with safety and emergency management support needs.
This is a full-time, hybrid position located in Orlando, FL.
- Review existing training programs; suggest enhancements and modifications to improve operations, learning, and retention.
- Create content for web-based learning using authoring tools for SCORM compliant CBTs.
- Work with other departments to update and validate all Beep Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s); Identifies changes to Procedures and maintains the “living document” nature of SOP’s
- Responsible for the development and implementation of training, including curriculum, lesson plan, and all training materials and testing; conduct training for newly hired and existing Shuttle Attendants and Beep Team Members involved in operations.
- Responsible for the coordination and facilitation of New Hire training.
- Lead, develop and mentor Beep shuttle attendant trainers.
- Conduct audits of shuttle attendant training sessions and check-rides to ensure quality and compliance of content delivery.
- Schedule, organize, and coordinate Team Member development, training events, and programs; coordinate the assembly and production of instructional and educational material.
- Provide Shuttle Attendant post-accident training, annual refresher training, customer service training, equipment training, and all other training related to operations.
- Conduct annual reviews on the Beep Safety Plan, Beep Security Plan, Beep Emergency Management Plan and serve as a conduit for the Executive Safety and Security Committee.
- Conduct and document on-the-job observations and audits to evaluate the tasks being performed by new and existing Shuttle Attendants, maintenance, operations, and safety related tasks ensuring the organization’s expectations are met.
- Create and distribute surveys to portions of the company to solicit feedback on the content and quality of training materials and programs.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation on all facets of training and testing of each Team Member as required and mandated by State, Federal and local laws, as well as client contractual terms.
- Track and report information on training metrics as it relates to productivity and safety.
- Ensure that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Maintain company Learning Management System (LMS) and be the primary point of contact for all web-based training activities.
- Ensures all required safety sensitive training is in compliance with DOT and FTA regulations.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, a candidate must maintain knowledge of new methods and techniques for adult learning, training, and safety requirements applicable to the autonomous vehicle or transit industry. It will be critical to identify problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve. The Training Manager must be comfortable with presentations and public speaking, as they will conduct or facilitate required and recommended training sessions; online and in-person. Prior Learning Management Systems (LMS) experience will be a plus, as this role will collaborate with the company LMS vendor and third-party training providers to arrange employee registration for, and participation in, training programs. Tracking performance metrics will also be a requirement to ensuring that all training milestones and goals are met while adhering to regulatory compliance requirements and company approved training budget.
- Thorough understanding of safety and training processes; knowledge of adult-learning principles that include principles and practices of employee training and development.
- Ability to moderate both small and large groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (required) with strong graphic design capabilities (preferred).
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, present to, and influence Team Members at all levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of learners.
- Time management and multitasking skills in order to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as technical data, instruction manuals, routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to design leader’s guides and student guides.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to function independently in a fast pace, high change environment as well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Knowledge of transportation and or autonomous vehicle testing industry operational practices.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- At least five years of experience in training with two years of supervisory experience required.
- Lectora or other SCORM compliant LMS authoring tools experience a plus.
- Experience as a presenter/facilitator of leadership and technical training, version control systems or previous training experience in a transportation or technical field preferred
- Previous experience working in transportation, autonomous vehicles, or transportation technology focused industry with an emphasis on safety and training highly desirable.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel up to 50%