WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR A SUPERVISOR TO LEAD THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT TEAM!
JOIN THE TEAM TAKING CARE OF THE COMMUNITY!
The MA Supervisor, (Clinical Floor Supervisor) (CFS) coordinates and supervises the care provided by a designated group of Medical Assistants (MAs), ensuring that they adhere to Westside’s standards and procedures in all aspects of their work. The CFS may also assess patient health problems and needs, maintain medical records, advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention, coordinate with other members of the patient care teams and act as a clinical resource for the team.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Schedule and monitor the performance of daily tasks by the designated MA group to ensure they are working in accordance with Westside’s standards, policies and procedures
- Supervise MA team to include performance evaluations, performance improvement plans and formal corrective actions documentation when needed
- Ensure efficient patient flow during the sessions, rooming and delegating tasks as necessary to MA team members
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing, orientation and training of new MA team members
- Organize and lead monthly team meetings
- Assist the MA team and providers in completing tasks when necessary
- Successful completion of a medical assistant training program at an accredited institution
- At least 5 years of experience as a medical assistant, preferably in the area of ambulatory care
- Current Medical Assistant certification from AAMA, AMT, NAHP, NCCT, NCMA or NHCA
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- At least six months of experience using Microsoft Office software and electronic medical record software
- Availability to work evenings until 9 p.m. and occasional Saturday mornings
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel independently between sites
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Phlebotomy certified preferred