BlueWave has an immediate opening for an Engineer on our Preconstruction Team! The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with internal teams and external partners to successfully and accurately lead the transition of late-stage development assets through the contracting phase and ultimately to the construction phase. This role will work directly with development, engineering, project execution, consultants/other third parties and finance, to appropriately plan, scope and prepare projects for successful execution. This is an opportunity to join an established, high-performing team that has been leading the market in innovation and high-quality execution for a decade. Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, creativity and thoroughness are essential to success in this position.
BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, cell phone reimbursement, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
Assist the team leaders with the following:
- Perform constructability evaluations (cost and schedule) and planning for construction (sequencing)
- Estimate project construction costs through internal historical data and subcontractor estimates,
- Develop CPM schedules in consultation with different internal teams to meet project goals,
- Create bid packages, manage equipment and long-lead planning, materials and contractor RFPs, award and contract
- Contract scopes of work with general contractors and trade contractors with lump sum pricing and firm schedules
- Identify risk during contracting process, raise awareness and minimize risk to schedule and budget, facilitate seamless handoff to execution team
- Assist project finance team in closing of construction and term financings
- Progressively take more responsibility for these tasks from team leaders
- Travel from time to time to job sites, vendor, contractor or supplier locations
- We value creative thought, experience and ability to execute over specific qualifications below
- Good business writing and communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to learn from mentors and fellow coworkers
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related fields, or equivalent trade experience
- 3+ years of experience in areas of general construction, project management, contracting and estimating experience, or equivalent combination, and a minimum of 1 years in estimating, proposal writing, business development or construction planning (or similar preconstruction areas)
- Demonstrable ability to review a plan set and specs, provide comments, and layout an execution plan independently,
- Familiarity with critical path scheduling methods
- Familiarity with relevant software like Procore, SalesForce, scheduling software like MS Project or Primavera and Microsoft Office suite
The following are preferred but not are necessary:
- Prior experience working within a solar development or EPC company in the US
- Knowledge of PV & ESS project construction, systems, market conditions and trade practices
- Awareness of relevant codes, standards, construction practices and engineering principles required to construct a renewable energy plant
Compensation will be influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, job-related knowledge, skills, education, licenses/certifications, essential job duties and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications.
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.