The SUE Party Chief supervises a field crew. The SUE Party Chief possesses the ability to perform Sub-Surface Utility Engineering and has experience with Electromagnetic (EM) and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) equipment. This individual is responsible for the effective performance, training, and safety of all members of the SUE field crew. The SUE Party Chief possesses strong decision-making skills and understanding of sub-surface utilities. They are responsible for contributing towards a positive and collaborative working environment with other technicians and crew chiefs.
We are looking for an SUE Party Chief to join us in our Wilmington, NC office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead SUE crew to perform Sub-Surface Utility Engineering services for both internal and external clients
- Communicate with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others as appropriate to the project.
- Responsible for operating equipment, ensuring crew members follow the proper protocols while operating equipment, and maintaining a safe work environment
- Maintain the overall quality of work with accuracy and thoroughness to meet regulatory requirements of the Company and Client
- Accurately and efficiently collecting field data and locating features
- Manage time effectively, organize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet project deadlines and client needs
- Adhere to our core values of integrity, respect, quality, community, collaboration, and sustainability
- 3+ years of experience locating underground utilities using SUE equipment (GPR and EM)
- 1+ years of experience leading an SUE crew.
- Prior work experience with Vacuum Excavation
- Experience using Total Stations and GPS equipment
- Strong working knowledge of utility infrastructures
- Strong client focused relationship skills including communication and organization
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to make accurate and informed decisions
- Flexibility to travel and stay overnight for certain out of town work. Candidates must be available for 25% overnight travel.
- Possess strong technical skills and a good sense of direction
The work is performed outdoors in such areas as landfills, construction sites, in swamps, residential neighborhoods, roadway work zones and wooded areas.
To perform the essential functions of the job, incumbents may be required to perform moderately strenuous tasks, such as lifting and carrying instruments weighing up to 50 pounds over rough terrain. Incumbents may also be required to clear vegetation, dig holes, and drive stakes with hand tools.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
WithersRavenel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws. At WithersRavenel, we strive to build and nurture a culture where diversity, inclusivity, and belonging are a normal part of doing business, not an initiative. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. By hiring highly talented people who align with our Core Values, we continue to enrich and broaden our ownership community, as well as the employee and client experience. This purposeful approach to diversity and inclusion leads to greater commitment, collaboration, and effectiveness in our culture, work, and lives.