Connect for Health Colorado has a great opportunity for a Sr. Full Stack Developer.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
- Deliver technical solutions based on requirements of product team. Actively participate with agile team to identify non-functional requirements to support product roadmap.
- Identify and develop solutions to address technical debt.
- Identifies best practices for technical implementation and coding standards and works with team to implement standards. Accesses programs and work with agile team to identify user problems and design new or existing systems.
- Evaluates user requirements, writes specifications, and codes, and installs and documents necessary programs.
- Progresses or modifies new/existing software applications programs of moderate complexity and scope.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, and prepares flow charts for both new and existing systems.
- Deploys software tools, processes, and metrics.
- Detects problems; audits accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations incorporating feedback from customers, agile team and in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand product market reach.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and technology developments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a directly related field and/or equivalent years of work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in application and software systems development.
- Strong SQL skills (SQL Developer experience a plus), familiarity with Stored Procedures, and excellent data analysis and quantitate skills.
- Strong knowledge of full stack development and proficiency in Angular 8.3.6, SQL, and PL/SQL and Java.
- Experience with cloud-based architecture required.
- Experience with developing solutions that take advantage of AWS/Cloud platforms.
- MuleSoft experience preferred.
- Experience working with Agile teams required, DevSecOps preferred.
- Experience with how to write applications in a Containerized architecture. i.e., Docker based applications.
- Experience with architecting and developing applications that support zero downtime deployments.
- Strong knowledge of information technology and data processing enough to be able to review program specifications, design programs, and write or modify code.
- Strong knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for analyzing and developing software test and evaluation procedures.
- Familiarity with health care and/or insurance industries preferred.
- Fully remote position hiring in the following states; Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Minnesota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Nebraska, New Mexico, Indiana, Arizona, Michigan, or North Carolina.
• Currently working remotely
• The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
• Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evening events.
• Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The salary range for this position is $104,200 - $146,000 per year.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.