SynTerra seeks a technical editor to enhance clarity, ensure accuracy, and maintain consistency in environmental reports and other documents. A candidate must have at least five years of related professional experience in detail-oriented editing and writing. A short in-person editing test (30 minutes) will be required as part of the interview process.
- Edit a variety of reports (e.g. assessments, evaluations, corrective action plans, and regulatory compliance documents) written by SynTerra geologists, engineers, and scientists.
- Assist writers at various stages of report composition.
- Help create and provide training for authors of SynTerra reports.
- Help create and expand a new SynTerra editorial style book.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- At least five years of professional editing and writing experience (editing experience must be included)
- Experience working with detail-oriented content; a wide variety of areas would apply (e.g. science, engineering, geology, software, medical, psychology, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, and chemistry)
- A clear understanding of active voice vs. passive voice in writing
- Close familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style, the Associated Press Stylebook, American Chemical Society (ACS) style, or some other style book
- Examples of writing and/or editing (if possible, include a before-and-after editing example)
- Willingness to take a 30-minute in-person editing test as part of the interview process
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Join a team you are going to love — SynTerra.
Job Type: Full-time