About LiveTrends design group
The Lean Continuous Improvement Manager will aide in identifying areas in the company that can be streamlined to make processes and production more efficient.
- Develop and lead the organizations Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing efforts.
- Serves as the Lean Expert for all operations (multi-site – all within 40 minute drive).
- Conducts and leads Kaizen events including time studies and utilizing takt times.
- Makes continuous process improvements to increase assembly efficiencies by reducing 7 types of waste.
- Develops Standardize work and associated training to ensure all lines are following best method.
- Implement 5S in operations.
- Establishes and publishes KPI for operations on the floor to monitor effectiveness.
- Owner of the labor times in the Bill of Materials
- Ensures safety and health standards are met to keep an organization accident-free.
- Aides in quality control throughout the production process.
- Collaborate with Director of Product Industrialization and New Product Innovation team to efficiently roll out new products. This will include reviewing assembly sheets and developing any necessary SOPs.
- Collaborates with greenhouse managers, purchasing and other managers to optimize processes.
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Operations
SPECIFIC SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Reports directly to VP of Operations.
- Formal training in Lean manufacturing process (TPS) required. Greenbelt certified, Blackbelt preferred.
- Experience training in methodology.
- 7-10 years lean manufacturing/continuous improvement experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Experience in manufacturing or other assembly operations required.
- Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel).
- Proficient in data analysis. Minitab experience a plus.
- Experience in a Greenhouse or Horticulture setting desired.
- 5 years project management experience. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving abilities utilizing root cause analysis including 5 Why.
- Experience with Value Stream Mapping a plus.
- Competitive pay structure
- Matching 401k
- Medical insurance and additional health benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Onsite gym
LiveTrends is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
LiveTrends does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of LiveTrends and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire.
Disclaimer: We do not advertise, recruit nor hire via Google Hangout. We do not request confidential information via email.