BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant, reporting to the Assistant Controller, who will assist with all aspects of the General Ledger across multiple business lines, monthly closing processes, financial reporting, supporting the annual audit, as well as ad hoc projects.
BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, cell phone reimbursement, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Assisting with the monthly, quarterly and annual close process, which includes the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and financial analysis
- Collaborating with Financial Planning & Analysis organization to analyze and provide analytics to support commentary on the balance sheet and income statement
- Assisting in evaluating compliance with the Company’s accounting policies and internal controls and implementing improvement where possible
- Implementing process improvements to streamline accounting activities
- Analyzing and explaining period vs period and actual vs budget variances
- Supporting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end management reports
- Assisting with the annual audit, preparation of annual financial statements and tax returns
- Assisting in preparing financial statements and other reports for debt compliance
- Participating in implementation and enhancement of various applications, including NetSuite, Mineral Tree, Procore, Etc.
- Monitoring and reporting on Development Costs and Construction in Progress (CIP) and ensure timely capitalization
- of projects
- Ensuring fixed assets are properly accounted for by monitoring the end-to-end process including classification, useful life, acquisitions, transfers, depreciation, disposals and reporting
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with project or construction accounting
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel, previous experience with NetSuite and Procore a plus
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through to completion quickly
- Detail orientated and thorough, with a desire for continuous improvement
Compensation will be influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, job-related knowledge, skills, education, licenses/certifications, essential job duties and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications.
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.