Position: Compliance Officer
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations.
• Ensure the development and implementation of compliance related policies and procedures throughout the organization and system of providers and subcontractors for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and the Youth Network are in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
• Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure contractual, fiscal and operational compliance with local, state and federal grant management and reporting policies and procedures.
• Monitor WIOA and TANF grant recipients to ensure the recipients are in compliance with nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of local, state and federal laws.
• Revise operational systems to ensure contractual, fiscal, and operational compliance with local, state and federal grants management and reporting policies and procedures.
• Interface with local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
• Stay abreast of changes and updates to WIOA and TANF regulations through review of compliance newsletters, white papers, compliance training, etc., in order to remain informed of proposed regulations and changes in current regulations and report important compliance developments to management and other key personnel.
• Research compliance issues and questions utilizing appropriate laws, policies, rules, regulations and other resources as needed. Advise appropriate management of outcome. Collaborate with management in developing, implementing and /or conducting training.
• programs and sessions to educate contractor personnel on compliance requirements, procedures, and changes in their respective areas of responsibility.
• Work with Program Managers to develop internal controls to test compliance and prepare guidelines and checklists which can be used by program monitoring staff.
• Work with Human Resources and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, monitors/auditors and grant and funding sources.
• Coordinate, oversee and follow up on all audits and / or monitoring visits. Provide response as required to auditors and audit findings.
• Serve as Equal Opportunity Officer for the Local Workforce Investment Area (LWIA).
• Represent Philadelphia Works on the LWIA Accessibility Advisory Committee.
• Perform other related job duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Public Administration, Human Services or related area. Minimum of 10 - 15 years’ experience in direct investigative discipline, application and interpretation of laws and regulations, and compliance management.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Knowledge of Federal and State employment and training legislation and regulations.
• Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures used in adult, youth and displaced worker employment training program management.
• Knowledge of direct investigation and application and interpretation of laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of contracting policies, procedures and contract language, terms and condition, etc.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills to identify issues, evaluate problems, policies, procedures and formulate an effective course of action.
• Commitment to accountability and transparency.
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public.
• Must be detailed oriented and highly organized.
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.