Are you looking for a hands-on, physically active job in the private aviation field? Come work for Meridian at our facility in Hayward, California! We are currently hiring part-time Ramp Agents to cover the following schedules: Saturday, Sunday, Monday - 5:30 am to 2:00 pm; Sunday, Monday, Friday 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm. Pay starts at $18.00 per hour.
Meridian's proud history dates back over 75 years. Over the decades, our dedication to putting safety first and providing exceptional customer service has become the cornerstone of our culture. We are proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our high safety standards and outstanding service, which is only possible because of the great people that work here.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers, contributing to the reputation of our company. Meridian is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity in our work force and recognize it as a cornerstone of our success.
Ramp Agents help to maintain a safe and orderly ramp environment. As the facility is open seven days a week, applicants must be flexible to work during the week, weekends and holidays when needed. Applicants must be available for initial training Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm for two weeks. The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist passengers with luggage at all times on the ramp and street side
- Meet, greet and direct aircraft arrivals and departures
- Provide courtesy runs to hotels, restaurants, and/or other as needed
- Wing walking
- Aircraft towing/hangar stacking
- Refueling airplanes
- Perform fuel quality checks on refueling equipment and Fuel Farm
- Perform preventive maintenance on various equipment
- Provide aircraft lavatory and potable water services
- Work as a team to maintain excellent customer service relations
- Maintain a professional, pressed, well-groomed appearance
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Maintain FBO vehicles and ensure they are fueled and cleaned before the end of every shift
- Review daily operations schedule for flight arrivals and departures and service requests
- Communicate with crew members both on the ground and in the air verifying time and services requesting
- Monitor flight tracker system
- Communicate all customer requests such as arrival/departure times, fuel orders, GPU, lav and vacuums to the Customer Service desk
- Monitor ground radio and outside operations
- Maintain the general cleanliness and upkeep of the facility and ramp – including, but not limited to, FOD (foreign object debris) sweeps, sweeping, wiping, cleaning, trash disposal, hangar cleaning, grounds-keeping, equipment washing, and light building maintenance
- Aircraft washing and interior cleaning
- Maintain, clean and keep line equipment operational
- Be cognizant of facility and operational security
- Participate in work-related functions (functions hosted at facility)
- Work weekends and holidays (a must) and be able to occasionally cover for others with only two hours' notice
- Work additional over-time hours as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Submit to random drug testing
- Comply with and participate in Meridian's Safety Management System and OSHA training and program
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, communicate well and work under high pressure situations
- Must be able to sit and monitor various systems throughout the day
- Basic computer skills
Certificates and Licenses Recommended:
Although not required, employees are highly encouraged to obtain these within one year of their date of hire.
- PLST Line Service Training Course
- Valid and current California driver’s license
Technical, Specialized Equipment and Machines:
- Aircraft Tow Equipment
- Aircraft Refuelers
- Spill Cart and Equipment
- Aircraft Power Units
- Fuel Farm
- Fire Extinguishers
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must e met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk for the duration of their shift; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb a 6-10 foot ladder or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To be considered for this position, you MUST include a cover letter, resume and answer all questions completely.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship
Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. Equal opportunity is afforded to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Your rights under employment laws:
EEOC is the Law Posters: