Binary Defense is seeking a talented, collaborative, high-energy Senior Software Engineer who has deep and diverse technology expertise. The ideal candidate has experience building distributed solutions that are of high quality, scalable, reliable, and fast. In addition, this candidate has a track record of mentoring junior members of the team and promoting a culture of technical excellence.
· Deliver world-class security products of the highest quality utilizing agile engineering practices
· Define, design, estimate, plan, & execute user stories
· Write high-quality, well-tested code
· Develop and integrate changes in multiple projects to provide end-to-end solutions
· Apply technical and customer service skills to solve client problems
· Systematically troubleshoot production issues and deliver timely resolutions
· Continuously improve self, team, and the larger organization, as well as the technology and the processes for delivering and supporting customer facing products
· BS Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree. Equivalent real-world experience would be acceptable in lieu of degree.
· 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
· Strong experience using C#
· Experience using .NET Core and ASP .NET Core
· Experience using Kubernetes
· Experience with cloud technologies (Azure preferred and others accepted)
· Experience successfully working with distributed teams
· Experience with incremental delivery of features as part of a Software Development Life Cycle
· Successfully worked with teams following a mix of delivery processes (Kanban, Scrum, XP, LeSS, SAFe, etc.)
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Working knowledge of agile engineering practices such as CI/CD, automated unit testing, automated acceptance testing, test driven development (TDD), pair programming, feature teams, refactoring, collective code ownership, building in vertical slices, code reviews, etc.
About Binary Defense
Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include best-in-class Managed Detection & Response powered by a Managed Open XDR platform. The company has a 24/7 Security Operations Center that monitors their own proprietary managed EDR software as well as supporting leadings network, cloud and identity solutions. Advanced threat hunting, defense validation and counterintelligence services provide additional layers of security. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture (from anywhere in the continental United States) and flexible remote work options. For the fourth year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US on the Inc. 5000 list! At the 2022 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Best Technology Solution” for the third year in a row. We’ve also been named “North American Partner of the Year” by AT&T Cybersecurity, providing best-in-class SIEM technology and service. Binary Defense recently completed a $36 million growth equity round of funding from Invictus Growth Partners to accelerate our growth and technology and service delivery offerings.
Binary Defense offers competitive medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents, a 401k match which vests every payroll, a flexible and remote friendly work environment, as well as training opportunities to expand your skill set (to name a few!). If you’re interested in joining a growing team with great perks, we encourage you to apply!