Utah’s Promise is a nonprofit organization focused on removing barriers, improving education, and providing access to basic needs. United Way of Salt Lake, 211 Utah (Salt Lake City team), and Promise Partnership Utah are part of the Utah’s Promise organization. Together, we are committed to 100% of kids and families thriving.
Our workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, results, and equity. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply.
The Event Marketing Manager (EMM) is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of all Utah’s Promise events - signature events, donor engagement events, and community engagement events. This role requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously. The EMM works closely with the Marketing Project Manager.
- Develop comprehensive project plans for events including goals, roles, timelines, etc.
- Assist in building strong relationships with sponsors and vendors prior to and during the event to ensure flawless efficiency
- Manage budgeting to ensure that all events are delivered within scope and on budget
- Manage the development and execution of project planning meetings; lead specific event subcommittees
- Manage internal and external event volunteers before and on the day of the event
- Coordinate registration for events
- Track event performance to improve strategy and ROI using event/fundraising software
- Manage in-kind asks for silent auctions/event giveaways
- Work with Marketing Project Manager and Donor Engagement team to provide event support
- Provide key data reports – throughout event planning and post-event
- Take ownership of event management and fundraising software
- Generate and provide reports and analytics for events
- Provide assistance to other departments with events as needed
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed
This is a full time, non-exempt position; $55,000 – 65,000. Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
- Experience managing, facilitating, and overseeing direction of events from start to finish
- Attention to detail - Ensures information is complete and accurate, follows up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Proactive and action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Integrity/Instills Trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Communication - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Client/coworker focus - builds strong client/coworker relationships and deliver solutions
- Minimum 3 years of direct event experience
- Large scale gala-style event experience is important (events with 300+ attendees)
- Understanding of donor relations a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, etc. OR equivalent experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software a plus
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suites, Excel and Google sheets, Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone, and via other devices. The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to regularly travel to offsite locations to set-up presentations and displays physical and electronic forms. The employee must have the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 50lbs.