AIM is currently seeking a Registered Nurse/Health Care Coordinator for our Residential and Day Services settings. AIM RNs/Health Coordinators are dedicated to empowering the people we serve, building lasting relationships, supporting people in achieving their goals, and offering creative solutions. RNs influence and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the people we serve. The RN will support each individual in reaching their maximum level of independence by promoting a sense of self-worth, acceptance, achievement, personal growth and choice.
- Generous Paid Time Off for Full Time Employees (40 hours after first 90 days)
- Low Cost Health Insurance for Full Time Employees (Employer Paid Deductibles)
- Referral bonus
- Paid on-the-job training
- Retirement Plan- 403b
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary/Supplemental Insurances including: Life Insurance, Accident, Critical Life and Short Term Disability
**** We are a NYS Healthcare Workers Bonus Employer – you could be eligible for up to $3,000 in bonuses ****
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse include the following:
- Primarily day hours with morning and evening flexibility
- Coordinate the healthcare, physical, emotional, and safety needs of the people we support and make recommendations, to ensure people get the most comprehensive person-centered health care.
- Serve as a liaison to families, medical providers, and staff regarding the health of the people we support.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary care teams
- Develop, review, and update individual's written plans of nursing care.
- Maintain current knowledge of each individual's medical history and medication regimen.
- Perform individual nursing/health assessments, and ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Provide oversight and training to Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) in aspects of medication administration and other health related supports.
- Advocate appropriately and professionally on behalf of all individuals.
- Current/Valid New York State RN License
- One year of experience in medical/surgical nursing preferred.
- One year of experience in the provision of services to individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Flexibility with schedule to support the individual(s) and/or DSP with a health-oriented issue.
- Valid NYS Drivers’ License, acceptable to Agency insurance standards is preferred. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if you use your own vehicle.
- Strong organization skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task. Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain an influential level of professionalism and confidentiality. Ability to remain calm in stressful or demanding situations.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, AIM Services, Inc will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a protected veteran, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other characteristic protected under applicable law.