Susquehanna Printing is looking for a Fulltime, Inserter/Bindery Machine Operator to join our team and assist with machine set up for various jobs, material handling, product stacking, packaging, and distribution of pre-printed inserts and printed products.
In this position you will have the opportunity for skills advancement increase.
Susquehanna Printing is part of a long tradition of printing in Lancaster County, beginning in the mid-1860s. Our long-standing expertise in printing continues to this day, as Susquehanna Printing produces the daily LNP newspaper and four local weekly newspapers, plus tabloids, books, and periodicals for businesses throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Susquehanna Printing is part of Steinman Communications.
Susquehanna Printing has expanded its business to include state-of-the-art solutions for scheduling, layout, digital printing, inserting, binding, direct mail, and quality control.
Why Work for Us?
We know that employees are a business’s greatest asset and the primary driver of success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who are bright, curious, flexible, and energetic.
As a team member at Susquehanna Printing, you’ll enjoy:
- 4 weeks PTO to start (pro-rated for first year)
- Paid holidays
- Competitive health care, prescription, dental, vision
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Parental leave program
- Wellness program
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Machine Operator Schedule: Shifts fluctuate between 8-10 hour days, beginning as early as 6am and ending as late as 6pm for 4-5 days a week, depending on production needs.
Essential Job Functions (Full Description):
- Maintain a continual focus on safety and injury prevention for self and co-workers, immediately addressing or bringing to management any unsafe conditions that are identified.
- Setting up and running various jobs on the proper machines to the specs required by the individual customers.
- Retrieve production materials and place in the appropriate locations using material moving equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks and dollies in a safe manner.
- Jog and feed pre-printed materials into machine feed hoppers as needed.
- Complete paperwork, setup, operate stackers (Quipp 501s, Gammerlers), and stack bundles of printed products off press, monitoring quality and preparing bundles for future production steps or distribution when necessary.
- Build skids of product evenly and accurately according to required quantities.
- Load newspaper bundles into carts accurately by zone, moving empty cages in and full cages out while maintaining a continuous product flow.
- Wrap finished product using an automated stretch wrap machine.
- Operate and perform preventative maintenance of post-press equipment including but not limited to stackers, inserters, stitchers, inkjet lines, stretch wrapper, and baler.
- Performs quality checks and ensures product is complete, accurate and defect free
- Completes job paperwork.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean.
- Adaptable and flexible with production operations and schedule
- Works proactively to identify problems and craft creative solutions while bringing relevant issues affecting quality and service to the attention of management in a timely fashion.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively while striving for the highest possible outcomes for customers and our organization.
- Strong sense of urgency, team oriented, good communicator, and adaptable.
- Able to work weekday and weekend overtime as requested.
Susquehanna Printing is conveniently located right off the Greenfield exit on Route 30, you have access to countless shops and restaurants within minutes and easy access to major cities in the Central PA area such as Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington D.C.
What are we looking for?
- Experience with any of the following machine types is preferred:
- Muller Martini Alphaliner Inserter
- Heidelberg Goss NP632 Inserter
- Muller Martini 300 Saddle Stitcher
- Muller Martini Bravo Saddle Stitcher
- Experience with Quipp 500 series and Gammerler stackers a plus
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience proficiently operating and maintaining various pieces of stacking, inserting, and binding equipment, with strong adaptability, flexibility, attention to detail, and focus on quality.
- Good attendance record required.
- Ability to read and interpret all related paperwork.
- Ability work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Must be reliable, and able to reach office in all weather conditions.
- Climate- controlled manufacturing environment, which may include working overtime as necessary. Must be able to work in a standing position throughout an entire shift.