Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
What We Are Looking For
Essentia Inc’s Inside Plant Deployment Technician will be tasked with successfully and professionally installing and deploying customer ISP equipment and completing projects across their footprint that are on time and on budget. The Technician will provide exemplary service to their customers and team in everything they do. The job function will include working daily on cable facilities installing and/or maintaining all equipment for HFC video, internet, phone services, as well as other MSO technologies as designed or tasked. Tasks will include deployment of services and support activities such as node splits, CMTS deployment, installation, and management of combining and HFC infrastructure, DC powering and all forms of cable and fiber installation and termination. The technician is expected to perform with an entrepreneurial can-do attitude as the local face of Essentia, Inc.
This position will be in and around the Spring Hill/Hernando County areas in Florida. All travel to and from different job sites will be reimbursed by the company.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- 3-5+ years of CATV ISP deployment experience, including headend technician, ISP integrator or installation with an emphasis on HFC deployment, or relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as job experience in a similar industry or similar essential duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members, customers, and management.
- Educational Level: High School/GED; business or technical degree or equivalent.
- SCTE or NCTI training certifications. Advanced equipment installation, configuration and turn up certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of computers and peripherals including MS Suites, IP configurations, VPN, and remote access.
- Travel is required to work locations with company provided lodging and per-diem.
- Valid drivers’ license and satisfactory driving record.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Capable of deploying industry-leading integration services and customer support that exceeds expectations.
- Experience with DOCSIS CMTS Installation, wiring and configuration.
- Knowledge of field systems such as Remote PHY, MAC, vHUB, RFOG and other applicable technologies.
- Knowledge of routing, switching and OSI layers. Ability to configure and apply appropriate internal and external IP addressing in computers and equipment in both IPV4 and IPV6 environments.
- Knowledge of industry hand tools and test equipment including digital signal meters, TDR, OTDR, light meters, power meters, toners and VOM.
- Knowledge of HFC headend wiring, combining, splitting, amplification, and signal flows.
- Ability to install, maintain and terminate fiber optic cable, including splicing, storage, and termination connections. Knowledge and use of single/multi modes, MUX and appropriate connectorization techniques.
- Ability to install, maintain, test, and terminate CAT6 network cabling.
- Ability to install, maintain, test, and terminate all forms of coaxial cable including trunk and feeder hardlines.
- Knowledge of proper cable installation and management including lacing, labeling, racking, bonding, and termination. Must be able to document cable paths and collect labelling for identification and documentation.
- Knowledge of headend powering schema including AC powering as well as DC powering systems. This will include battery installation, testing and disposal for power supplies, UPS and rectifier systems.
- Ability to read, interpret, and resolve issues with plant maps, installation design drawings and process instructions. Design engineering capabilities.
- Ability to safely remove or wreck out old equipment and wiring for disposal in accordance with local and/or company procedures.
- Ability to follow change management requests, mapping, as built and other documentation, and procedures as requested.
- Ability to maintain a culture of safety in all work environments for their team, subcontractors, vendors, and customers on all work sites by following established safety rules and guidelines.
- Adhere to established quality control processes for consistent, quality work. Share new ideas.
- Ability to safely use company vehicles and equipment, as well as manage assigned tools and equipment.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plan
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents.
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start.
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include a meeting with the CFO, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.