As the PReditor you will be responsible for creating short and long form video content for a variety of video deliverables for client-based projects. You are a well-versed editor with a craft for video editing, content creation, writing, and producing. You will be involved in projects involving anything from pre-production to editing footage for final deliverables. The ideal candidate has a passion for creating visually innovative work and thrives in collaborative creative settings.
Please include your resume and portfolio in order to be considered for the position.
Grey Dog Media is a growing, national-award-winning creator and publisher of custom and consumer media. Our products include magazines, catalogs, books, websites, videos, commercials, and collateral. This is a fast-paced, yet relaxed environment with experienced professionals. We offer a friendly, professional workplace, full-benefits, competitive salary, and remarkable opportunities for creative-skills development, and career advancement.
- Produce, shoot, and edit long and short form video content both in the studio and on location.
- Works closely and with creative team to plan shoots based off outlines and direction provided by the client and department director.
- Work within the video production process for specified creative and business objectives; and efficiently manage the workflow of assigned projects.
- Research, pitch, write, develop, create, organize, and edit video content that effectively tells a story and communicates our client’s message using both audio and visual elements.
- Provide creative and technical input on how to approach video capture that follow overall client specifications and guidelines as well as the specific vision for each project.
- Operate a variety of camera, lighting, and grip equipment. Provides troubleshooting of video and lighting equipment; performs routine equipment maintenance; makes recommendations for equipment purchases. Transports and sets up lighting and grip equipment as required.
- Creatively produces video content following the direction given in outline, shot list, shoot deck, or briefs and records and/or tapes audio and video segments, edits raw video, designs digital video effects, and creates graphics as needed to create finished videos.
- Back up media, review footage, make editorial decisions, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing using software such as Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Add in graphics and special effects to enhance the quality of videos for the final product.
- Ensure correct formatting for finalized videos according to client specifications.
- Attend progress meetings to help brainstorm ideas and report on work progress.
- Expected to remain up to date on digital video trends and emerging platforms including insights into cultural trends, best practices, and target audiences to enhance daily contributions with role.
- Provide estimated costs for all video projects to the department director and optimally utilize resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, film, broadcast, media production, or related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Minimum two years’ experience producing and editing content in a professional capacity
- Professional reel demonstrating proficiency in skill and a sophisticated sense of style, design and cinema.
- You have strong knowledge and experience in the entire production lifecycle, including pre-production, audio and video recording, lighting, studio environments, editing, and content delivery.
- Proficient skill in video editing/post-production software, while working specifically in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Experience filming food and models preferred.
- Strong knowledge of video codecs, frame rates (H.264, ProRes, etc.)
- Proficiency in color grading software and knowledge of color and audio design a plus.
- Experience working with R3D files a plus.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Create Suite a plus.
- You have exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills; able to successfully balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously.
- Experience with quick turnarounds and solo editing process, and intensive revision edits expected.
- Able to adapt skills to the aesthetics of each project and thrive in the creative process of implementing the ultimate vision of the content you are working on.
- You have professional judgment for handling confidential information.
- You're a self-starter and strong team player who can work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, seeing assignments through to completion.
- You maintain a positive attitude, even while working under pressure in an environment where job demands are constantly changing.
- Flexibility to shoot content at various locations.
- You have a keen eye for detail and can anticipate needs.
Job Location: In Office; West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/HSA/401K/LTD/AD&D/Life Ins./Dental/PTO/Vision
Compensation: Competitive, based on experience