Grey Dog Media is looking for a full-time Motion Graphics Designer to work with the digital media, art, and editorial teams to conceptualize, develop, and implement motion graphic design solutions for our clients under the direction of the Project Director.
To be considered, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work.
Grey Dog Media is a growing, national-award-winning creator and publisher of custom and consumer media. Our products include magazines, catalogs, books, websites, videos, commercials, and collateral. This is a fast-paced, yet relaxed environment with experienced professionals. We offer a friendly, professional workplace, full-benefits, competitive salary, and remarkable opportunities for creative-skills development, and career advancement.
- Create engaging and visually appealing motion graphics content to support client needs
- Concept, execute, and polish motion graphics for our short-form videos for social media
- Write and develop concepts that effectively tell a story and communicate our client’s message using motion graphics
- Convey concepts through storyboarding/sketches and written descriptions
- Attend and participate in weekly brainstorming sessions and report on work progress
- Remain up to date on trends and emerging platforms including insights into cultural trends and target audiences
- Work in a collaborative manner to meet client deadlines
- Maintain a positive can-do attitude
- Work with team to get direction on projects, hand off files in an organized way, and deliver work that is polished and in the format needed by the client
- Efficiently manage the workflow of assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, animation, art, or related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Minimum 2 years of experience as motion graphics designer in a professional capacity
- Strong portfolio of motion graphics work with a professional reel demonstrating proficiency in skill and a sophisticated sense of style and design
- Excellent proficiency in software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop. Adobe InDesign experience preferred. Proficiency in color grading software or plug-in a plus.
- Strong understanding of design, typography skills, and color sense
- Ability to tell a story or communicate a message using motion graphics and visualize opportunities for motion in still assets
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design, with ability to multi-task and work in different brand aesthetics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with high attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- Strong knowledge of entire production lifecycle, including pre-production, audio and video recording, lighting, studio environments, editing, and content delivery
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills; able to balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously
- Maintains a positive attitude, even while working under pressure in an environment where job demands are constantly changing
Job Location: In office; West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/HSA/401K/LTD/AD&D/Life Ins./Dental/PTO/Vision
Compensation: Competitive, based on experience