Responsible for designing, developing, and optimizing manufacturing processes and systems to enhance production efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure product quality. A manufacturing engineer with New Wave will also participate in developing new products, and will provide support to Production, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality Control.
- Process Optimization: Serve as liaison between product design and production ensuring products are manufactured in a cost-effective, efficient, and high-quality manner.
- Production Planning: Create production schedules, allocate resources, manage manufacturing and inspection process documentation, collaborate amongst cross-functional teams working to create, and analyze product performance and validation test data then providing conclusions and recommendations on status of manufacturing process all while ensuring smooth manufacturing operations.
- Equipment Selection and Maintenance: Assist operations management as it pertains to lab floor layout, selection of appropriate manufacturing equipment to the needs of the business, ensure proper maintenance of manufacturing equipment and new machine implementation.
- Scaling Up: Plan and execute capacity expansion strategies to support increases to production volume with a focus on maintaining quality and efficiency.
- Supplier Collaboration: Build and maintain strong relationships amongst suppliers and vendors to ensure reliable supply chain.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement initiatives, implementing lean principles, and identifying opportunities for process enhancements.
- New Product Development: Contributes to the development of new products, brings own perspective to conceptualization, creates drawings with parts lists and methods of manufacturing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field of study.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a manufacturing engineer.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess problems or issues with manufacturing processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software.